• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
robertlane

Ford Fusion ST?!?

Just seeing an ST logo in this forum gets me a little giddy.  I know it's just for talk and speculation, but how cool would be it to see Ford offer a Fusion ST?  

Would you pull the trigger for a Ford ST and if so, what would you expect for performance and what would you expect to pay?

I googled ST and there are a few interesting pics out there.

24174f8.jpg

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2012/1201_daydreaming_ford_fusion_st_hatch_and_wagon/

2h3215c.jpg

Edited by Buzz2K1

I'm not feeling the hood on that rendering at all - are you?

It would be interesting to see the Ford Mondeo (Fusion) wagon over here.  I see wagons all over Austria and Germany, but don't think they've been popular here since the 1970s.

Mondeo Wagon Photos:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ford+mondeo+wagon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aqbUUu_9BM_gsAT0pIGoDg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1113&bih=584

The hood makes it look like a mustang

wjfm03.jpg

Edited by Buzz2K1

I like the two-door version.

The hood reminds me of the Mustang SVO.

I'd go for a Fusion ST in a split second.  I've owned a few Taurus SHO models and loved them.  I just need something a little smaller and the Fusion is uber cool looking and performs great.  I'm wondering what a Fusion ST would offer engine wise?

I like the two-door version.

The hood reminds me of the Mustang SVO.

Two-doors version: a.k.a. Coupe..Would be nice a Fusion Coupe ST, but it would need it be more "flourished" 

What about a convertible version? Just like an Aston Martin Vanquish Volante?

What about a Fusion convertible ?

wjfm03_zpsb2d293ab.jpg

I'd go for a Fusion ST in a split second.  I've owned a few Taurus SHO models and loved them.  I just need something a little smaller and the Fusion is uber cool looking and performs great.  I'm wondering what a Fusion ST would offer engine wise?

I have seen a manual transmission in a Mondeo so I know its possable in a Fusion. I would like to see a 300hp turbo v6, AWD and 6 speed trans. Needs to be able to compete with the 305hp Impala and 259hp Malibu. Even the new Chrysler 200 will have a 295hp v6 in it.

In my opinion, the fact that the Mustang will be offered with a 300+HP 2.3L Ecoboost is a good sign that a Fusion ST is on the table at Ford.  It may be detuned to the 285HP-305lb/ft that the new Lincoln MKC is offering, but there's definitely room to push it to 300+HP. They've got the engine, may as well get some use out of it. 

What about a Fusion convertible ?

wjfm03_zpsb2d293ab.jpg

:love_shower:  LOVE  :love_shower:

Wouldn't an ST essentially be a SHO?  Ford already has this segment covered and each car should have its own personality.

Wouldn't an ST essentially be a SHO?  Ford already has this segment covered and each car should have its own personality.

Interesting that you mention it because the next-generation Taurus will be on a Fusion (stretched) platform.

I'm hearing rumors of a Fusion ST being announced before the end of the year (LA auto show maybe)?

I'm going to guess it's using the Focus RS drivetrain - 2.3L EB manual AWD. Or it might upgrade to the 2.7L EB?

For you here chomping at the bit for the Fusion ST...

I found this article that is claiming to have seen a camouflaged prototype out in the wild.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/02/ford-fusion-st-spied/#slide-3604449

also same picture set reported on by motortrend.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1509_ford_fusion_st_spied_with_quad_exhaust.html

I have a Fusion and a ST. The Fusion has it's place, and the ST has it's place in our family. I can't see the reason to confuse them among our five Fords in the stables.

The rumored fusion ST turned out to be the Fusion Sport.

Word around Dearborn is that the Ford Taurus is dead and with that, the SHO.   I wonder if they will rename the Sport or make something above it - if that's even necessary?