• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Fusionpursuit

Latest Sync Update for 10-12 Fusion with NAV

Whitney,

While I can understand that this may be a rare issue, I really don't see what a dealer can do to investigate a Sync software crash especially one that happens only randomly. The most they ever seem to do is make sure you are on the latest build which in this case I am. Do the dealers have a way to do a full re-flash of the system even if you are already on the latest version? That would at least remove the small possibility of a corrupted upgrade. If so, what specifically do I need to ask them to do so they actually reload the software and not just stop when they see 4.4 is already there? That seems to be all I can try other than hope the next Sync release works better. Nothing should cause the system to crash like this.

Separately, do you have any thoughts on the extra ring that jlong and I both have?

I will probably have time to take the car to the dealer in about 2 weeks and will report back.

Thanks.

Bill

I too have the extra ring when answering phone calls.

The other day I played with a USB device with music on it. Currently on 4.4 my car is one that won't remember it was last on BTST and defaults to line-in. But when I put a flash drive in with music, my system will remember that it was last on USB input after I turn the car off and then back on. So the setting can work theoretically, just not on BTST in my car. I was actually able to get the car to default to USB even after I had removed the device which required a master reset for the system to go back to doing it's normal line-in default. Pitiful.

I already PM'd FordIVTteam about another bug I have that when I first pair my phone, I can get text message notifications. But in settings, if I disable it, and then later try and turn them on again, it says my device isn't compatible... even though it worked before I turned it off. Just thought I'd share that bug I seem to have.

Hopefully the next update fixes a lot of these issues.

Whitney,

While I can understand that this may be a rare issue, I really don't see what a dealer can do to investigate a Sync software crash especially one that happens only randomly. The most they ever seem to do is make sure you are on the latest build which in this case I am. Do the dealers have a way to do a full re-flash of the system even if you are already on the latest version? That would at least remove the small possibility of a corrupted upgrade. If so, what specifically do I need to ask them to do so they actually reload the software and not just stop when they see 4.4 is already there? That seems to be all I can try other than hope the next Sync release works better. Nothing should cause the system to crash like this.

Separately, do you have any thoughts on the extra ring that jlong and I both have?

I will probably have time to take the car to the dealer in about 2 weeks and will report back.

Thanks.

Bill

Hey Bill,

The dealers have the ability to re-flash the SYNC Systems. They also have a Technical Assistance Team specializing in SYNC issues.

You can reach out to your dealer to coordinate an appointment or you can send me a PM with your VIN, name, email, mailing address, phone number, phone carrier, phone model, and current operating system.

I'm happy to escalate the issue for review.

Whitney

John,

The master reset will not delete any of the music you have saved with the jukebox feature.

Whitney

A master reset didn't change anything. I think the only thing that is going to fix this is for another update to be released or to roll back to the previous version. Is it possible to go back to a previous version?

A master reset didn't change anything. I think the only thing that is going to fix this is for another update to be released or to roll back to the previous version. Is it possible to go back to a previous version?

Hi John,

There isn't a way to revert to the previous SYNC version; however, as discussed there is a new update in the works.

Stay tuned.

Whitney :)

Whitney,

Thanks, I sent you a PM. Any ETA on this new version you've mentioned?

Bill

Whitney,

Thanks, I sent you a PM. Any ETA on this new version you've mentioned?

Bill

Bill,

You're welcome! We don't have an ETA just yet, but the update is due to be released in the very near future.

I'll be responding to your PM shortly.

Whitney

Hi John,

There isn't a way to revert to the previous SYNC version; however, as discussed there is a new update in the works.

Stay tuned.

Thanks for replying to us! So many times on forums when official employees join in on a discussion they stop replying after a while.

I can't wait for the update. Hopefully the update is simply a more polished experience (bug fixes), and doesn't add new features. To me, new features = new bugs. Although I will update regardless in hopes it fixes the current bugs. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything regarding a release date.

Ford is aware of multiple issues regarding the SYNC 4.4 Update and is working on fixing them. With that said here is my recomendations.

1. DO NOT INSTALL SYNC 4.4 UPDATE. Even though you may be having issues with your current version of SYNC, SYNC 4.4 will have you swearing a lot.

2. If you have installed the update for SYNC 4.4 Document all of you issues here or the dedicated SYNC forum. The more they know what is not working is more they can fix with the new update.

3. Monitor you owners account to see when the new update is released. I for one will install the update as soon as its released just to make sure the issues I have reported are fixed.

Edited by Chrome Dome

Thanks for replying to us! So many times on forums when official employees join in on a discussion they stop replying after a while.

I can't wait for the update. Hopefully the update is simply a more polished experience (bug fixes), and doesn't add new features. To me, new features = new bugs. Although I will update regardless in hopes it fixes the current bugs. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything regarding a release date.

Hey John,

You're welcome; I'm happy to help where I can.

I'll keep you posted. :)

Whitney

Hi Whitney,

Any updates on this topic? The phone ringer is exceedingly annoying!

Thanks,

John

Hi Whitney,

Any updates on this topic? The phone ringer is exceedingly annoying!

Thanks,

John

Hey jlong,

Nothing on the update release just yet. I'll let you know something as soon as it comes out.

Don't forget to periodically check your account: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Thanks for being so patient.

Whitney

anyone know if the have been any progress into post installing the nav software.?

If you mean adding Nav to a non-Nav factory vehicle - the answer is no from Ford although some folks advertise the ability to do this aftermarket.

Okey thats to bad.

Ive spoken to my dealer here in Sweden and all he can say is that Ford wont allow it.

And when I spoke

To the ford tech guy at Service he looked into it and saw that all we need is a new software and since we can't get our hands on that software it's almost impossible. So he started to dig a little bit more and looked into

My car and a colleague of his car. And saw that we have the antenna. Our nav computers are installed. So he have sent a request to the factory about getting the software. And I have talked to the customer service at Ford Sweden and the have received several similar requests now. And the more we are to request a post purchase about getting it the higher the odds of us getting it.

So keep complaining and shouting for it.

It's not because it's a good gps it's just that it's better to have that then a compass that doesn't work properly.

I was told back in August there was an update to the SYNC software that would be available "shortly". Here it is 5 months later and "Shortly has not yet arrived. I have unpaired my phone from the vehicle and am using a visor mounted BlueTooth speaker so I can still take calls hands free. It is a pain as I have to mute the radio myself but I would rather do that than have the system lock up or do the extra ring. One thing I have noticed since I started using the visor mounted speaker is when I want to listen to Sirius with my custom mix there is no problem. When the phone was still paired to the vehicle I was able to get that working ONCE. Every other time the system said No running application found even though Sirius was running. I am about ready to go find a wrecked vehicle and grab the system out of it. At least I wouldnt have to put up with all of the issues that have plagued SYNC 4.4 and 3.8. Hopefully someone from FORD reads this and placed an update on the SYNC update webpage, like they did for issues with Apple Phones, as to when we can expect a "Trouble Free" update package.

I was told back in August there was an update to the SYNC software that would be available "shortly". Here it is 5 months later and "Shortly has not yet arrived. I have unpaired my phone from the vehicle and am using a visor mounted BlueTooth speaker so I can still take calls hands free. It is a pain as I have to mute the radio myself but I would rather do that than have the system lock up or do the extra ring. One thing I have noticed since I started using the visor mounted speaker is when I want to listen to Sirius with my custom mix there is no problem. When the phone was still paired to the vehicle I was able to get that working ONCE. Every other time the system said No running application found even though Sirius was running. I am about ready to go find a wrecked vehicle and grab the system out of it. At least I wouldnt have to put up with all of the issues that have plagued SYNC 4.4 and 3.8. Hopefully someone from FORD reads this and placed an update on the SYNC update webpage, like they did for issues with Apple Phones, as to when we can expect a "Trouble Free" update package.

Hi Chrome Dome,

I understand your frustrations. We are diligently working on the release of Gen 1 V4.6. Please stay tuned: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Whitney

Thank you for your reply. You are the only reply I have had on this issue. AS of today there is no update available. What happened to ver 4.5?

You're welcome, Chrome Dome.

4.5 is a factory install and was not released for consumer or dealer installation. Please continue to check your account periodically.

Whitney

Hi, Whitney!

Are there any plans to update the Brazilian version? Mine is running GEN1 V4.0.2 and the portuguese language pack V1.4.1.P They're dated September 18, 2012.

My car is a 2012 Fusion V6 FWD

Thank you,

Carlos Mauricio

Hi, Whitney!

Are there any plans to update the Brazilian version? Mine is running GEN1 V4.0.2 and the portuguese language pack V1.4.1.P They're dated September 18, 2012.

My car is a 2012 Fusion V6 FWD

Thank you,

Carlos Mauricio

Hi Carlos,

Please reach out to my colleagues to ensure you get the correct information : http://www.ford.com.br/ford/sobre-a-ford/fale-conosco

You're welcome, Chrome Dome.

4.5 is a factory install and was not released for consumer or dealer installation. Please continue to check your account periodically.

Whitney

I feel like we're being trolled or punked with promises of an update soon. Good grief I think Verizon releases android updates faster than Ford! And Verizon is sssssslllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww at releasing updates. Edited by jlong

I feel like we're being trolled or punked with promises of an update soon. Good grief I think Verizon releases android updates faster than Ford! And Verizon is sssssslllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww at releasing updates.

Hi jlong,

I understand your frustrations. Our engineers are actively working to get it released. Your patience is really appreciated during this time. :)

Shaay

Hi jlong,

I understand your frustrations. Our engineers are actively working to get it released. Your patience is really appreciated during this time. :)

Shaay

I just bought my 2012 Fusion SEL w/ v6

I was told that my Sync is at 4.2.something

My concern is that I'll be upgrading this to have a 3rd party Nav, and although it should not affect the Sync part (i.e. everything is useable) , but that I might not get the Full benefits from my current version till then or after.

I'm useing a current ipod touch and when I try to use Sync to play something specific, it tells me it can do that.

Was that something it COULD do with earlyer ipods , but not now till this Sync update?

I know that Sync is now 4plus years old, but it'd be nice if Ford would either fix this 'patch' or just say it's not supported anymore and be done with it. 8)

Posted By Whitney on 20 August, 2015 - The issue with SYNC automatically switching to Bluetooth as the audio source is being addressed in the near future with the next SYNC update. There are some customers who do not have this issue, but we haven't been able to determine what differences play a part in the feature functioning as designed.

I recommend periodically checking your SYNC account for the next update, which again will remedy this issue.

Posted by Whitney 15 September, 2015 - You're welcome! We don't have an ETA just yet, but the update is due to be released in the very near future.

I'll be responding to your PM shortly.

Posted by Whitney 22 December 2015 - Nothing on the update release just yet. I'll let you know something as soon as it comes out.

Don't forget to periodically check your account: https://owner.ford.c...up-to-date.html

Thanks for being so patient.

Posted by Whitney 05 January 2016 - I understand your frustrations. We are diligently working on the release of Gen 1 V4.6. Please stay tuned: https://owner.ford.c...up-to-date.html

Posted by Shaay 07 March 2016 - I understand your frustrations. Our engineers are actively working to get it released. Your patience is really appreciated during this time.

Based on the time line I see we will probably get the new update just after our vehicles go to the junkyard.

Edited by Chrome Dome