Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford Fusion Registry is live - more here.

Photo
- - - - -

Latest Sync Update for 10-12 Fusion with NAV

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE 2.5L
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

I was told back in August there was an update to the SYNC software that would be available "shortly". Here it is 5 months later and "Shortly has not yet arrived. I have unpaired my phone from the vehicle and am using a visor mounted BlueTooth speaker so I can still take calls hands free. It is a pain as I have to mute the radio myself but I would rather do that than have the system lock up or do the extra ring. One thing I have noticed since I started using the visor mounted speaker is when I want to listen to Sirius with my custom mix there is no problem. When the phone was still paired to the vehicle I was able to get that working ONCE. Every other time the system said No running application found even though Sirius was running. I am about ready to go  find a wrecked vehicle and grab the system out of it. At least I wouldnt have to put up with all of the issues that have plagued SYNC 4.4 and 3.8. Hopefully someone from FORD reads this and placed an update on the SYNC update webpage, like they did for issues with Apple Phones, as to when we can expect a "Trouble Free" update package.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Advanced Member

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 82 posts
  • My Fusion:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

I was told back in August there was an update to the SYNC software that would be available "shortly". Here it is 5 months later and "Shortly has not yet arrived. I have unpaired my phone from the vehicle and am using a visor mounted BlueTooth speaker so I can still take calls hands free. It is a pain as I have to mute the radio myself but I would rather do that than have the system lock up or do the extra ring. One thing I have noticed since I started using the visor mounted speaker is when I want to listen to Sirius with my custom mix there is no problem. When the phone was still paired to the vehicle I was able to get that working ONCE. Every other time the system said No running application found even though Sirius was running. I am about ready to go  find a wrecked vehicle and grab the system out of it. At least I wouldnt have to put up with all of the issues that have plagued SYNC 4.4 and 3.8. Hopefully someone from FORD reads this and placed an update on the SYNC update webpage, like they did for issues with Apple Phones, as to when we can expect a "Trouble Free" update package.

Hi Chrome Dome, 

I understand your frustrations. We are diligently working on the release of Gen 1 V4.6. Please stay tuned: https://owner.ford.c...up-to-date.html

Whitney

#43 OFFLINE   Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

Thank you for your reply. You are the only reply I have had on this issue. AS of today there is no update available. What happened to ver 4.5?

#44 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Advanced Member

• 82 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

You're welcome, Chrome Dome.

4.5 is a factory install and was not released for consumer or dealer installation. Please continue to check your account periodically.

Whitney

#45 OFFLINE   Route 66

Route 66

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:South America
  • My Fusion:2012
  • Current Vehicle:'12 Ford Fusion V6 3.0 FWD SEL

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

Hi, Whitney!

Are there any plans to update the Brazilian version? Mine is running GEN1 V4.0.2 and the portuguese language pack V1.4.1.P They're dated September 18, 2012.

My car is a 2012 Fusion V6 FWD

Thank you,

Carlos Mauricio

#46 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Advanced Member

• 82 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hi, Whitney!

Are there any plans to update the Brazilian version? Mine is running GEN1 V4.0.2 and the portuguese language pack V1.4.1.P They're dated September 18, 2012.

My car is a 2012 Fusion V6 FWD

Thank you,

Carlos Mauricio

Hi Carlos, 

Please reach out to my colleagues to ensure you get the correct information : http://www.ford.com....rd/fale-conosco

Whitney :)

#47 OFFLINE   jlong

jlong

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:None
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion Sport

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:47 PM

You're welcome, Chrome Dome.

4.5 is a factory install and was not released for consumer or dealer installation. Please continue to check your account periodically.

Whitney

I feel like we're being trolled or punked with promises of an update soon. Good grief I think Verizon releases android updates faster than Ford! And Verizon is sssssslllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww at releasing updates.

Edited by jlong, 06 March 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#48 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Advanced Member

• 82 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

I feel like we're being trolled or punked with promises of an update soon. Good grief I think Verizon releases android updates faster than Ford! And Verizon is sssssslllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww at releasing updates.

Hi jlong,

I understand your frustrations. Our engineers are actively working to get it released. Your patience is really appreciated during this time. :)

Shaay

#49 OFFLINE   multitask

multitask

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

Hi jlong,

I understand your frustrations. Our engineers are actively working to get it released. Your patience is really appreciated during this time. :)

Shaay

I just bought my 2012 Fusion SEL w/ v6

I was told that my Sync is at 4.2.something

My concern is that I'll be upgrading this to have a 3rd party Nav, and although it should not affect the Sync part (i.e. everything is useable) , but that I might not get the Full benefits from my current version till then or after.

I'm useing a current ipod touch and when I try to use Sync to play something specific, it tells me it can do that.

Was that something it COULD do with earlyer ipods , but not now till this Sync update?

I know that Sync is now 4plus years old, but it'd be nice if Ford would either fix this 'patch' or just say it's not supported anymore and be done with it.  8)

#50 OFFLINE   Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

Posted By Whitney on 20 August, 2015 - The issue with SYNC automatically switching to Bluetooth as the audio source is being addressed in the near future with the next SYNC update. There are some customers who do not have this issue, but we haven't been able to determine what differences play a part in the feature functioning as designed. 

I recommend periodically checking your SYNC account for the next update, which again will remedy this issue.

Posted by Whitney 15 September, 2015 - You're welcome! We don't have an ETA just yet, but the update is due to be released in the very near future. 

I'll be responding to your PM shortly.

Posted by Whitney 22 December 2015 - Nothing on the update release just yet. I'll let you know something as soon as it comes out. 

Don't forget to periodically check your account: https://owner.ford.c...up-to-date.html

Thanks for being so patient.

Posted by Whitney 05 January 2016 - I understand your frustrations. We are diligently working on the release of Gen 1 V4.6. Please stay tuned: https://owner.ford.c...up-to-date.html

Posted by Shaay 07 March 2016 - I understand your frustrations. Our engineers are actively working to get it released. Your patience is really appreciated during this time.

Based on the time line I see we will probably get the new update just after our vehicles go to the junkyard.

Edited by Chrome Dome, 18 April 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#51 OFFLINE   Mike7143

Mike7143

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'12 Fusion SEL 3.0 V6 / 302A

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

I recommend periodically checking your SYNC account for the next update, which again will remedy this issue. 

We don't have an ETA just yet, but the update is due to be released in the very near future.

Nothing on the update release just yet. I'll let you know something as soon as it comes out. 

We are diligently working on the release of Gen 1 V4.6. Please stay tuned

Our engineers are actively working to get it released. Your patience is really appreciated during this time.

Any wagers on this making a full year without an update?! Maybe they've adopted a junkyard strategy for the fix and are betting on us ditching the cars first?

#52 OFFLINE   Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

Thats a sucker bet.........Since Ford has migrated to a different system (They went from Microsoft to Blackberry) for SYNC I dont see them actively trying to keep the older version working properly. I"ll give them a bit more time to hang themselves. 

#53 OFFLINE   multitask

multitask

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:30 PM

I've been down that road before with my old Kenwood 990HD... no updates for over a year... then .... suddenly there was an update... not long after I upgraded to a Pioneer 8100..

That will be going in my car tomorrow.... I'm hoping that when (if?) the next Sync update becomes available I'll be able to do it... this install is not supposed to affect Sync at all... except there will not be a stock radio for it to see.

What I've seen so far is that the list of commends is VERY small for my unit, but on top of that I can't tell Sync to do anything with my iPod Touch... it tells me it doesn't work with that device... I'd think that then the iPhones will not work either... good thing I'm Android.  8)

#54 OFFLINE   multitask

multitask

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:04 PM

Well it's in.

I like that I was able to keep the Sync stuff, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to update the OS on it, as the buttons that you'd use to navigate to the menus is not there now... 

I'm hoping that someone here has put in a 3rd party nav, and kept the Sync and knows how or IF you can do more than see the Time, Temps and the info from the HU (like artist and song and Radio station numbers.  8)

If not , it's not a big deal, the HU works flalessly... so far it seems to work better then when it was in my old car.  8)

#55 OFFLINE   jlong

jlong

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • My Fusion:None
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion Sport

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

still no update. so sad.

#56 OFFLINE   Mike7143

Mike7143

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

I logged into my Ford account today (11/2/2016) and it says there is an update available...

However, when I click the blue "Download SYNC Update" button I get redirected to a new page with a system error stating the service is temporarily unavailable.

Not sure if that means I can download it or not. it also says to run a vehicle health report prior to downloading. Perhaps that is the reason for the error. I will have to try it later this afternoon.

Could be promising... hopefully?

#57 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,645 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Ruby Red

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

It's probably a leftover from the fire/power outage Ford experienced on Monday. 

#58 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Advanced Member

• 82 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

I logged into my Ford account today (11/2/2016) and it says there is an update available...

However, when I click the blue "Download SYNC Update" button I get redirected to a new page with a system error stating the service is temporarily unavailable.

Not sure if that means I can download it or not. it also says to run a vehicle health report prior to downloading. Perhaps that is the reason for the error. I will have to try it later this afternoon.

Could be promising... hopefully?

Hey Mike7143,

If you're still experiencing issues with the download, please send the VIN in a PM.

Cara

#59 OFFLINE   Mike7143

Mike7143

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hey Mike7143,

If you're still experiencing issues with the download, please send the VIN in a PM.

Cara

Cara,

Yes, the website is still showing the same error. After clicking the blue Request Download button I get a popup stating to check my email in a few minutes for a link back to the Ford site to download the update. Then I get the system error again that was shown when loading the page.

It's been more than 12 hours since I've requested the download and have not got an email yet. I verified it was not deleted by my email spam filter also.

I have sent you my vehicle's VIN in a PM.

Thanks,

Mike

#60 OFFLINE   atx32

atx32

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fusion SEL V6

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:36 PM

@FordIVTteam

Has there been any progress on getting this fixed? Even today I still get the same website system error when requesting a download. See attached screenshot.

Bill

Attached Files

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·