What's New:
• How to tag someone in a post - more here.
• Create custom forum activity streams - more here.
• Change the forum view - more here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
andrushkiwt

Sunroof won't vent or close flush

hey, new member here.

I purchased a used 2010 Fusion SEL in June 2015 with 50k miles. The auto sunroof worked great for the first 3 weeks...then, one day, I noticed it sat underneath the area it should be sitting flush with when it is closed. When I pressed the close button, it moved forward until, maybe, a few centimeters from touching the wind-deflector. I originally thought the deflector was blocking the glass from closing all the way, but if I move the deflector out of the way, the glass still stops short of "locking" into place. Also, that is it's final resting position - it won't vent.

I found a reset initialization procedure online (in this forum, actually), but the directions indicate vent mode as a step. I cannot put the glass into vent mode, therefore, I have had problems using this initilization procedure. I did still try the steps, without the step including vent mode, and I now have a new problem! The glass makes a "pit-stop", if you will, in between opening and closing. THat "pit-stop" is about 3 inches from the front. In other words, opening the glass from the closed (or as closed as mine gets) position will see the glass begin to open, stop once at about 3 inches, then continue to fully open IF i press the open button again. The same for closing.

I need to reset this glass so it understands where the complete "locked" position is. It seems it is thinking it is fully closed when it is jsut short of being so.

I appreciate any help, I've racked my brain on this for a week - thankfully, it hasn't rained yet.

Taras

What if you try the procedure without skipping the steps for venting? I know your roof wont vent but this procedure puts the moon roof in a learning state and maybe simply pressing the vent button will get it do what it needs to do. Go through the motions, even if the moon roof wont.

Edited by mjktg99

What if you try the procedure without skipping the steps for venting? I know your roof wont vent but this procedure puts the moon roof in a learning state and maybe simply pressing the vent button will get it do what it needs to do. Go through the motions, even if the moon roof wont.

hey, thanks for replying. I should have said that I tried with and without the steps that include vent mode. Nothing happens. There do not appear to be any broken or missing pieces - it's simply the glass not coming to a full close, and therefore unable to vent. thanks a lot for the reply

I found a link to a question site. THe poster's problem is identical to mine, even the 2-inch pit-stop between closing and opening. The member answering suggests to take it in to the dealer if the procedure doesn't work. Here's the link to that site:

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/6szv8-ford-fusion-2010-ford-fusion-moonroof.html#re.v/175/

sound legit?

I have the same problem. I noticed the sunroof wasn't closed. I tried to close it and it does the same thing. It will not go to vent. When you try to open it opens about 3 inches and stops. Press open again and it opens all the way. Press close it closes to about 3 inches, and stops. Press close again, and it closes but will not go up and seal. It stays down about an inch or so. I tried the Ford relearn procedure as posted somewhere on the forum, but it doesn't work. It requires starting in the vent position, and mine will not vent. I've got Gorilla tape on it now to keep the rain out, but it needs to be fixed. As the roof opens and closes but for the last inch, I know the motor is alright, but its memory is out of sink, and needs a reminder of where closed and open are. HELP