Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get your Fusion Registered at the official Ford Authorized Registry here!

Photo
- - - - -

A/C blowing hot air

A/C 2010 Fusion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Nerbytwo

Nerbytwo

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2008
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion se
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

A/C blowing hot air is disconnecting the battery still working? I have a similar issue with my 2008 SE Fusion.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Nerbytwo

Nerbytwo

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • My Fusion:2008
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion se

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

A/C problem continued:
Resent the computer and the AC worked great for I day then went warm again.

#23 OFFLINE   Skins2881

Skins2881

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • My Fusion:2012
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion 4cyl SE

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

I too am having this problem.

Compressor is running Hi/Low pressures sides are hot/cold.  A/C will start to blow somewhat cold when I turn on the car, but with in 45 seconds switch to hotter than ambient temperature.  I think it's the Blend Door Actuator, but there has been mention of a module (I assume a piece of electronics) that could be bad as well.  There is also mention of an Evap Sensor, but since the compressor is running, I don't think it is this.  I have also seen in this thread mention of disconnecting the battery, what does this actually do?  Why would it work? 

Is there a way to diagnose which part is actually bad?

Edit.  I went and stuck my head by the Blend door Actuator and had my girlfriend move from hot to cold. I can hear it move from hot to cold and back.  Sounds like it flutters for a second then switches back to heat when switching between from cold to hot.  It will also stay on cold for a little longer when moving from hot to cold on knob slowly.  In the end it always goes back to the hot position for some reason.

Edited by Skins2881, 03 June 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   CAnn53

CAnn53

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • My Fusion:2011
  • Current Vehicle:yes

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

Thank you so much #19 our 2011 Fusion was having this same issue so I came on here to see if others were having as well and I found tons; but not really a fix for the issue, that is till I read your entry!!! I did notice when I'd start the car it would blow as it always did before, for about 3-4 min (now I know was til lights went out) then would switch off to hot...so when I read your comment I tried it and it works so far!!! I am inclined also to agree with #18 about the battery disconnect/ module reset. Will do a little method testing to determine if I need to do so. Will post results.

#25 OFFLINE   HeresJohnny

HeresJohnny

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fusion

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

I have to jump in for a bit on this one. I have had and tried most everything on this thread with the exception of I have to disconnect my battery terminal every time since replacing the sensor in order for the clutch to engage. Has anyone else encountered this and if so what was the outcome? Any and all advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

#26 OFFLINE   SCFIREFIGHTER

SCFIREFIGHTER

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:FUSION,F250PS,ESCAPE HYBRID,MUSTANG302

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

My 2012 has started the same issue. With only 42,000 miles on it. In South Carolina in July this is a safety hazard!!!! Took it to a dealer and they said they had never heard of the issue. I took it to another dealer and the estimate is $1028 to replace the sensor, blend door motor and the module. They said they would only guarantee it if all three were replaced. I have 6 Ford vehicles right now and am getting really ticked off because this is evidently a known issue with Ford Fusion and the company doesn't seem to care. I tried the disconnect battery thing twice. The cold air lasted less then 15 minutes then back to heat. I tried the headlight trick and that didn't help. I will try the resistor fix and see if that does any good.

#27 OFFLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

My 2012 has started the same issue. With only 42,000 miles on it. In South Carolina in July this is a safety hazard!!!! Took it to a dealer and they said they had never heard of the issue. I took it to another dealer and the estimate is $1028 to replace the sensor, blend door motor and the module. They said they would only guarantee it if all three were replaced. I have 6 Ford vehicles right now and am getting really ticked off because this is evidently a known issue with Ford Fusion and the company doesn't seem to care. I tried the disconnect battery thing twice. The cold air lasted less then 15 minutes then back to heat. I tried the headlight trick and that didn't help. I will try the resistor fix and see if that does any good.

This thread has many contributors describing varying symptoms so it is difficult to know what "the same issue" is in your case.

Can you provide some details?

Do you have an OBD2 scan tool and ForScan so that you can read the evap temp sensor and the state of the ac compressor clutch?

I would question the "shot gun" repair approach being suggested by your dealership.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#28 OFFLINE   ywdmn

ywdmn

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:ford fusion

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Can someone tell be exactly where the blend door motor (AE5Z 19E616A), is located under what area of the dash on a basic 2011 Fusion SE manual ac. Is it behind the glove box, or behind the panel door on the right side of the dash, or to the the right of the gas pedal?

#29 OFFLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

Can someone tell be exactly where the blend door motor (AE5Z 19E616A), is located under what area of the dash on a basic 2011 Fusion SE manual ac. Is it behind the glove box, or behind the panel door on the right side of the dash, or to the the right of the gas pedal?

It is to the right of the gas pedal

#30 OFFLINE   GRakka

GRakka

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Fusion

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

​On my 2011 Fusion the AC would work and then start blowing hot air.  Turning the car off and on again will get the a/c to work again but no guarantee on how long it would work.  It seemed that if I turned on the light and then turned on the AC (and keeping the lights on), the AC would work the whole time.  With help from this forum, the issue was narrowed down to 1. Blend Door Actuator 2. EVAP Temp Sensor 3. HVAC Control Module.  Since the blend door was the easiest to get to, I replaced it first but it did not resolve the issue.  I was able to get OHP Ford ELMconfig USB device from Amazon for about $30 and using Forscan software on a laptop I was able to rule out the evap sensor.  I did not want to spend over $200 for a HVAC control module and was able to buy used on ebay for $30.  Replaced it and my a/c has worked perfect since.  Hope this helps.

BTW - if you are going to replace the HVAC module, look up youtube videos on replacing the radio on your Fusion. The video provides instructions on how to remove the bezel.

• drolds1 likes this

#31 OFFLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

GRakka has taken the correct approach to resolve his issue - analysis of the cause - not hit or miss random part replacement.
The purchase of an OBD interface and using free software like Forscan is a very cost effective way to analyze current and future issues. It also helps you to learn about your vehicle's operation and architecture.
Of course, not all issues can be self diagnosed. Sometimes we need the help of a professional to point us in the right direction. Even so, having Forscan available can often help us to confirm the analysis and provide confidence that it is correct and we are not being taken advantage of as "dumb consumers"

#32 OFFLINE   swip51

swip51

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • My Fusion:2006
  • Current Vehicle:2006 Fusion

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

A/C blowing hot air is disconnecting the battery still working? I have a similar issue with my 2008 SE Fusion.

on the 06-09's check this little sucker:

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Check and see if the compressor is still running when you turn on the A/C if it continues blowing hot air I just about guarantee you it's this. There are some videos, but basically you have to remove the center console, loosen the main two drivers side dash bolts and undo everything else. Pull the passengers side of the dash out a bit and set it on a 5 gal bucket or something then reach back between the dash and windshield just right of the center, pull this out and replace it. The part corrodes and causes the A/C to think that it's ultra cold in the car and no blow the cold air. 

#33 OFFLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

Check and see if the compressor is still running when you turn on the A/C if it continues blowing hot air I just about guarantee you it's this. There are some videos, but basically you have to remove the center console, loosen the main two drivers side dash bolts and undo everything else. Pull the passengers side of the dash out a bit and set it on a 5 gal bucket or something then reach back between the dash and windshield just right of the center, pull this out and replace it. The part corrodes and causes the A/C to think that it's ultra cold in the car and no blow the cold air.

No way should this be done until you read the value being reported by the evap temp sensor using a scan tool. If it is defective it will report -50.

#34 OFFLINE   swip51

swip51

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • My Fusion:2006
  • Current Vehicle:2006 Fusion

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

What he said, :) a shop read mine and quoted me $400

#35 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,561 posts
  • My Fusion:Decline

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

If you're talking about the evaporator temp sensor, that's not it.  That's an ambient temp sensor. 

Evap temp sensor.

#36 OFFLINE   sweetvabreeze

sweetvabreeze

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion 2012

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

I too am having AC blowing hot on my 2012 Fusion with 69,000 miles.  I took it to the dealer because it's still under service contract.  First time I took it in, they couldn't get it to duplicate the issue.  Told to come get the car and the next time it blew hot, to bring it by and don't cut the car off.  I did exactly that but the car would go from hot to cold and back again.  They replaced the blender door and sent me on my way.  Two days later it happened again so I took it back over there and they said they had to reset something in the software.  Picked it up and a week later we are back to the same issue.   Called them again and they want me to bring it back when it is blowing hot again.  With it being so sporadic, I can't just stop what I'm doing to run it back to the dealership each time.  Now I'm waiting on the service guy to talk to the service manager to see what will be done with it.  I've had Ford's most of my life but this one is frustrating me so much that I'm rethinking ever getting another one.  Especially when I see so many people posting about the same issue.  Obviously there is a reason this is happening to some many folks.  Also, they won't just replace a part because they think it's what is wrong, they have to have a computer tell them that is what is wrong.  So in the mean time, I get cold air only when it wants to work.  FRUSTRATING!

#37 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,808 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Ruby Red

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Maybe you should try a different dealer who might be better at diagnosing the problem and fixing it right the first time.

• drolds1 likes this

#38 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,561 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

Also, they won't just replace a part because they think it's what is wrong, they have to have a computer tell them that is what is wrong.  So in the mean time, I get cold air only when it wants to work.  FRUSTRATING!

If their computer was telling them what was wrong, it would have been fixed.  Does your dealer have a tech who's certified in HVAC?

Maybe you should try a different dealer who might be better at diagnosing the problem and fixing it right the first time.

This.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A/C, 2010 Fusion

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·