Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get your Fusion Registered at the official Ford Authorized Registry here!

Photo
- - - - -

need help : Blower Motor fusion 2010

Blower Motor

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ofir2010

ofir2010

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:fusion se
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

hi there,

just took out my blower motor and found out - the motor is working fine - just the white fan is cracked - see pics

im trying to find replacement online - but find only full set for sale.

any tips were i can get that part - im not sure about the name,  white fan just like in the pic attached

thanks 

adam 

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Thebean2003

Thebean2003

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2012
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SEL

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

places like Advance auto has the fan by itself i think

#3 OFFLINE   ofir2010

ofir2010

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

thanks for your reply - but couldnt find it there

#4 ONLINE   twiggy144

twiggy144

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SEL AWD 2007

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:23 AM

Did you condider repairing with  some epoxy glue instead of buying a new one?

• ofir2010 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   ofir2010

ofir2010

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

thought about it but the crack too long

#6 OFFLINE   thefoeyouknow

thefoeyouknow

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fusion SEL

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

The fan and motor only come together as a unit.  The fan is molded with the motor shaft in place, and the two can not be separated, to say nothing about rejoining them.  You can't repair a cracked fan, the centrifugal forces involved would only make things worse.  these fans are balanced after forming, adding adhesives would only further upset that balance and your blower fan would probably exploded and scatter.  Ask me how hard it is to remove all the broken pieces of a blower fan from the HVAC plenum.

• orionsax7 likes this

#7 OFFLINE   omahamike

omahamike

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:32 AM

I'm sure that there is an auto salvage yard in or near your town... You might need to find out if one out of an older model Fusion heater fan will work (Be an exact replacement) before you go any further. They usua;l;y sell their parts for half of new price...

Have you looked online??? Like eBay??? 

#8 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,560 posts
  • My Fusion:Decline

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

This thread has been inactive for 1½ years.  The OP was last active then as well. Besides, if one doesn't want to go for a Motorcraft replacement, a new aftermarket unit can be had for less than $60. 

#9 OFFLINE   omahamike

omahamike

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Can you give me the part numbers/brand/who sells the aftermarket one?? From what I've read, the fan motor is drawing too much current and burning the connector... has Ford addressed that problem and fixed it, and is the aftermarket one the best substitution because just replacing the resistors, the fan is still drawing too much current, so it will eventually take out the new resistor module. Both must be replaced to solve the problem, but if the new fan is the same as the old one, why bother replacing it? I cannot believe that Ford hasn't replaced these parts under a recall, but at $600-$700 a pop, why should they? As long as people keep paying their price to repair it! And with prices as high as they are, more people are doing the repairs themselves. I surely can't afford to pay that kind of money because I'm living on a SS pension. It isn't a Lincoln Towncar, but the repairs are the same price!! It's a Fusion!!!

#10 ONLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

Can you give me the part numbers/brand/who sells the aftermarket one?? From what I've read, the fan motor is drawing too much current and burning the connector... has Ford addressed that problem and fixed it, and is the aftermarket one the best substitution because just replacing the resistors, the fan is still drawing too much current, so it will eventually take out the new resistor module. Both must be replaced to solve the problem, but if the new fan is the same as the old one, why bother replacing it? I cannot believe that Ford hasn't replaced these parts under a recall, but at $600-$700 a pop, why should they? As long as people keep paying their price to repair it! And with prices as high as they are, more people are doing the repairs themselves. I surely can't afford to pay that kind of money because I'm living on a SS pension. It isn't a Lincoln Towncar, but the repairs are the same price!! It's a Fusion!!!

If the blower bearings fail, then we can expect the motor to draw more current than normal and thereby cause the resistor and its connector to fail due to over-heating. The resistor is air-cooled so a defective motor that has lower rpm/flow will provide less cooling to the resistor.

I don't see any evidence provided on the forums that there is a design defect with the OEM motors however that can't be said for the resistor and connector.

You can find a blower motor on eBay for about $70USD and the resistor and connector are relatively cheap also.

#11 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,560 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

http://www.autozone....tor/ford/fusion

http://www.rockauto....ower motor,6916

Used, w/6-month warranty.

See this thread as well.

• eGuru likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Frank F

Frank F

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • My Fusion:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Precisely how many of these blower motors are failing?  You have a 7 model year old vehicle and you want Ford to replace a blower motor under recall?

Edited by Frank F, 17 March 2017 - 02:41 PM.

• drolds1 likes this

#13 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,560 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Precisely how many of these blower motors are failing?  You have a 7 model year old vehicle and you want Ford to replace a blower motor under recall?

That aside, recalls are for safety-related issues, which this clearly is not.

#14 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,807 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Ruby Red

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

For some people recall means they want Ford to pay for something regardless of time or mileage.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blower Motor

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·