Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford Fusion Registry is live - more here.

Photo
- - - - -

2006 manual tranny VSS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mihaly

mihaly

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • My Fusion:2006
  • Current Vehicle:2006 Fusion SEL
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:42 AM

I have a 2006 Sel with 5 speed manual transmission (4 cylinder). Recently, I lost my speedometer and odometer. Fault was diagnosed as faulty VSS (Ford Part 3M8Z 17271C). As it is a manual tranny, driving was not an issue (used GPS for speed). Ford has no replacement part available in North America and neither my dealer or Ford Service Canada offered any useful assistance! It is on backorder with no promised delivery. Also no after market part although many are listed on the net. At wits end, installed a 2006 Mazda 6 VSS Part #G56417400A. It was identical and almost $100 less expensive (CDN). Working GREAT! Hope this helps someone else. It was a very frustrating experience as it prevented me passing Clean Air check.

• Mark Lusby and Harleycanning like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Rtipping

Rtipping

Advanced Member

• Ford Fusion Team
  • 67 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • My Fusion:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 fusion titanium ecoboost

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

It's posts like this that make forums so relevant.may I very humbly suggest that your subject or.tags reflect the problem and solution.your post could really help someone out.
  • Mark Lusby likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Lusby

Mark Lusby

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Fusion S manual transmission

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

I have just encountered exactly the same issue with my 2010 manual with no replacement VSS. I don't understand though how my OEM replacement part # is exactly the same as the 2006 since my mazda transmission as I understand was produced from 2009 into early 2011 and is a 6 speed. The picture of the manual transmission VSS for 2010 mazda's also does not look the same as the one in the ford schematic of my transmission which was produced with my VIN #. Did your replacement look exactly the same? Does anyone think it may work? A local parts dealer told me the mazda replacement as listed in the post is not available.

Thanks everyone

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·