Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
shamadur

MP3 files viewing order messed up

Hi there,

Have a 2016 SE model.

First 2 months - no issues.

About after second month, the issue has begun.

Have an audio book with files names 001_name.mp3, 002_name.mp3, 003_name.mp3 etc

The problem is that player plays them completely randomly...

I didn't select the option for random playing, but it plays like that.

Tried another USB memory stick - same issue.

Tried another book - same issue.

How to make player to play according alphabetic order?

Thanks

Are you sure you didn't accidentally turn on shuffle?

Are you sure you didn't accidentally turn on shuffle?

Yes, I'm sure.

I even went to dealership and their rep checked it and said this is the way how it should play....

I could believe him, but I know it played correctly.

Can't say I know for sure, but this is how I made the head unit play files in order (mp3).

Edit all files with a MP3 editor (I use Mp3 Tag and ID-Tagit 3) to make sure you have titles, artists correct, no need to sweat cover images unless you need them for another player.

Get a program named BULK RENAME UTILITY. This will allow you to rename the filenames quickly and in any order you want (by date, etc.) or individually.

Rename the files with a number, starting with the first one, and so on. I like to start with 1000.mp3 for each disc.

I open the renamed file/folder with Windows Media Player, click on the 'Burn' tab, and when it asks for 'unsaved list', click that and it should import the files in order for burning. Make sure you burn the disc as an .MP3 data disc, not an audio disc.

My files now play in the order I want, showing in the display the song title first.

I wound up doing this because I had 'recorded/downloaded' recorded internet radio programs and depending on the station, they crossfaded from song to song, so if you played them out of order, you'd hear the 'next' song start with part of the music from the 'last', but it wouldn't be the song you just heard ending, so it sounded all scrambled.

I think you should omit the 'name' part of your file (001_name.mp3) and just go with (001.mp3), just make sure you edit those mp3 files to keep title, artist, album and such intact.

Do you have the files in the root directory or a folder, try creating a folder, also as stated above check the tags but they should be fine. Do you have the NAV screen I am not sure how non nav works, but I can see the file list what is that order on the screen?

Did you try doing 4 songs and naming them 1000.mp3 1001.mp3 1002.mp3 and 1003.mp3 and see how they play?

Edited by komondor

komondor, I see we have seized on the same solution. I actually stumbled on that before I found the forum. I'll bet what's tripping him up is the 'name' part of his file. That's gotta go - he can always rename the file after he burns a disc, provided he has his .mp3 file tags correct. I almost screwed up a bunch of files, forgetting to edit the tags FIRST.

yes need to find out if it is those files or all

One program I found that might help is called "Drivesort" to help with issue. It actually will sort the mp3's based on there name instead of where they were copied to on the usb drive.