• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Chip

What do you use to clean your touch screen?

I suspect the use of harsh window cleaning products is a bad idea and I have found that soap and water sometimes does not do a really good job. What do you use?

I have not found anything that works great... I've been using the screen cleaner for my monitors and a soft cloth... it still just smears the oils from my fingers... it's cleaner, but not by much...

Eye glass cleaner and a eye glass cleaning towel from the eye doctors office. I keep it in the sunglass holder.

Eye glass cleaner and a eye glass cleaning towel from the eye doctors office. I keep it in the sunglass holder.

That's exactly what I was going to try next. I have a bottle of lens cleaner that lists plastic lens as a suggested use. Thanks all!

Lifehacker and other sites s say 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 white vinegar with microfiber cloth works best

http://lifehacker.com/5875667/how-to-properly-clean-all-your-gadgets-without-ruining-them

I don't know about "works best", but acrylic is resistant to that concentration of acetic acid (vinegar) solution especially if wiped off promptly.

I dug out a product that I used on my motorcycle windshield and I have also used it to maintain / protect clear plastic headlights. Seems to work well on the screen.

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/about.html

Clean microfiber with bottled water - last's 2 minutes till my daughter starts punching Garth Brooks like she's looking for a lost hit.Cleaners Ive tried stay on top and smear denatured alcohol works but I hear it will damage screen with continued use .

My dealer says nothing works period.

water and cloth on LCD screens. anything else and you run the risk of damaging it depending on what chemicals are used as cleansing agents. mild soap is usually safe. if you have access to ingredients lists, avoid anything with alcohol, bleach, and vinegar.

Invisible Glass for me. Spray it on cloth, not directly on screen.

Along with 100% cotton towels, I use cotton tee shirts to dry the car and windows, then after making sure I didn't pick up any dirt, I use that damp tee shirt to wipe the screen, works just fine for me.

Invisible Glass for me. Spray it on cloth, not directly on screen.

On stubborn finger prints, I also use Invisible Glass. I spray it on a clean tee shirt, then gently wipe... the screen that is.

I spray a little eyeglass cleaned on the cloth Ford provides and clean the screen. I do the same for the piano plastic and dash lenses.

I use these. They work quite well and while they don't prevent fingerprints, they help a bit.

450.jpg