Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Mindi34

Passenger Side low beam light

My passenger side low beam light seemed to have have burned out. So I replaced it and it's still not coming on. I checked the fuse and it doesn't appear to be burnt either but I am still going to replace it. Could it be anything else?

The H11 bulb, right? Does the high beam work? Which trim level/engine do you have in your Fusion, Mindi? In the sport, it's a PITA to replace the passenger side lighting, the bumper cover has to come off ...

It sounds like a wiring problem if it's not the fuse. If the fuse blew, there might be a wiring problem behind it anyway, or perhaps a flaw in the headlamp switch. I believe fuses 7&8 in the passenger compartment fuse box control the low beam headlamps (L/R).

I would expect that a blown fuse would have affected both sides. The left and right low beams are driven by separate Smart Junction Box outputs. So that is an additional possibility besides wiring and connectors.

This one-side headlamp issue has been discussed several times in these forums. Here is one example. Please use the Search function before posting a question.

Also, Site Feedback and Help is for questions about how to use the site itself, not for questions about the car; per the header for this section:

This section pertains to topics on how to use this forum and should not be used for Ford Fusion discussion.

Topic closed-duplicate thread. For any further discussion on this, please post in the appropriate forum.