• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Beethoven

The answer to SYNC 2 & 3

No where does it say how much....

Love how they don't put a before and after of the same car....

Cool idea though

That puts the Sync 3 to shame if it works as advertised. But it is made in China. I wouldn't trust a chinese made product

Would be nice if Ford actually had something like that available to us Fusion drivers since they screwed the 2016 owners with not putting in sync 3

That puts the Sync 3 to shame if it works as advertised. But it is made in China. I wouldn't trust a chinese made product

Would be nice if Ford actually had something like that available to us Fusion drivers since they screwed the 2016 owners with not putting in sync 3

They didn't screw anybody. They knew when they bought it that it came with MFT. If they wanted sync 3 they should have waited.

Not everyone can wait a year for a new car release.

2016 fusion and explorer were the only 2016 models not to have sync 3. So yes they got the shaft

2016 Edge didn't get it initially either. Came with Job 2. My point was nobody bought a 2016 thinking it came with sync 3 and got MFT instead. That would be my definition of shafted.

I have one vehicle with MFT and one with Sync 3. MFT works fine.

What's Job 2?

The one after Job 1 of course...... ;)

Job1 is the launch of the new model year. If they make price or option changes during the model year they increment the job number. I think Job 2 was in December.

JRF    2

My opinion of course but this doesn't look as refined as Sync 3 in my car. Then again I've never been a big aftermarket guy in my vehicles.

Well, for me, it's the quality that counts. And, that's my opinion, SYNC 3 (= OEM device) does not have the quality that this aftermarket device offers.

Nice touch: it can be fully integrated without adjustments, and it has a (very) nice look.

The functionality of the suavdvdgps unit seems very complete.

Most of the functions (navigation, gsm, wifi hotspot, camera support, etc) can be achieved readily by currently available android tablet software and accessories but the a/c control is a very nice function.

Hopefully the integration and custom software is solid.

I tried to contact the vendor through their webpage to ask what model years of the Fusion they are supporting but haven't received an answer.

I am hoping they support the first gen Fusions also, but I suspect that won't be the case.

In the meantime, I am at the final stages of completion on my homebrew project for a 2012 that is very similar.

I have integrated a 9.7" dual boot (Windows 10/Android 5.1) tablet into the center stack.

The tablet is captive (absolutely non-removable), has the same display as the iPad Air, 64gb memory.

It drives a Sony sound system.

Includes support for all of the functions except the a/c control and DVD (but the 1TB drive replaces that function)

I'll post pictures soon.

Edited by eGuru

Can't wait! The slobber factor is high on this one LOL.

How can you say it has better quality than sync 3 when we've never actually seen one installed and working?

In my previous mondeo, I have had an aftermarket installed, similar to this one. I can truly say that quality is far better than OEM.

Can't wait! The slobber factor is high on this one LOL.

I am at the final stages of completion on my homebrew project for a 2012 that is very similar.

I have integrated a 9.7" dual boot (Windows 10/Android 5.1) tablet into the center stack.

The tablet is captive (absolutely non-removable), has the same display as the iPad Air, 64gb memory.

It drives a Sony sound system.

​Displays backup camera in the display and rearview mirror.

Includes support for all of the functions except the a/c control and DVD (but the 1TB drive replaces that function)

Here are some initial pictures.

I'll add some more later - when the glare is reduced and I finish some hookups.

Added some pictures - Sept 26

post-26776-0-61619400-1474822469_thumb.jpg

post-26776-0-59534200-1474822486_thumb.jpg

post-26776-0-51399200-1474822504_thumb.jpg

post-26776-0-21964800-1474976710_thumb.jpg

Edited by eGuru

Added some pictures to my original post.

2016 Edge didn't get it initially either. Came with Job 2. My point was nobody bought a 2016 thinking it came with sync 3 and got MFT instead. That would be my definition of shafted.

I have one vehicle with MFT and one with Sync 3. MFT works fine.

Even the CEO hated MFT

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-ceo-mark-fields-may-151220018.html

nevermind....

Edited by Hdale85

Big difference between MFT in 2011 and MFT in 2014+

That strange,

I am from the Netherlands and got my mondeo this past ending of june. It is equipped sync 3.

Dat is inderdaad zo..

Maar dit apparaat is aftermarket en wordt gezien als (eventueel) een vervanger.

Dit apparaat is NIET OEM

That is true ..
But this device is aftermarket and is seen as a (possible) NOT OEM replacement.

Can anyone explain to me why it is not possible to keep the stock radio,

In tact but stashed somewhere not visible, and then add a different aftermarket stereo/indash screen (I think I found a Chinese based company that makes fully integrated Sync systems willing to sell me a faceplate) that only connects to the speakers, your own aftermarket microphone for voice activation, and volume and audio settings. If you remove the speakers from the stock radio and just have the audio functions controlled by the aftermarket radio, It would be fine. There's nothing about Sync I need that is rekated to the actual stereo functionality. As long as I can see vehicle diagnostics in the display by the odometer, i'm fine. Nothing else involving th Sync system requires me to see or interact with. I'd wager you could get the current stock stereo and screen to output to the new display pretty easily...and use the voice activation and or remote to control it if you ever needed to like mess with the MyKey controls.

Can anyone explain to me why it is not possible to keep the stock radio,

In tact but stashed somewhere not visible, and then add a different aftermarket stereo/indash screen (I think I found a Chinese based company that makes fully integrated Sync systems willing to sell me a faceplate) that only connects to the speakers, your own aftermarket microphone for voice activation, and volume and audio settings. If you remove the speakers from the stock radio and just have the audio functions controlled by the aftermarket radio, It would be fine. There's nothing about Sync I need that is rekated to the actual stereo functionality. As long as I can see vehicle diagnostics in the display by the odometer, i'm fine. Nothing else involving th Sync system requires me to see or interact with. I'd wager you could get the current stock stereo and screen to output to the new display pretty easily...and use the voice activation and or remote to control it if you ever needed to like mess with the MyKey controls.

You right, you can keep the stock radio tucked away elsewhere and wire an aftermarket HU to the speakers and SWC.

The stock radio doesn't play a part in the display by the odometer.

However, I would not consider it easy to have the stock radio output to the new display.