Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford Fusion Registry is live - more here.

Photo
- - - - -

The answer to SYNC 2 & 3

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Armando

Armando

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Fusion:2016
  • Current Vehicle:1,5 TDCI
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

That strange,

I am from the Netherlands and got my mondeo this past ending of june. It is equipped sync 3.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Beethoven

Beethoven

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Fusion:2015
  • Current Vehicle:mondeo/fusion 2.0 diesel 195bhp/457nm

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

Dat is inderdaad zo..

Maar dit apparaat is aftermarket en wordt gezien als (eventueel) een vervanger.

Dit apparaat is NIET OEM

That is true ..
But this device is aftermarket and is seen as a (possible) NOT OEM replacement.

#23 OFFLINE   LoganK

LoganK

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • My Fusion:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion S

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:37 AM

Can anyone explain to me why it is not possible to keep the stock radio,
In tact but stashed somewhere not visible, and then add a different aftermarket stereo/indash screen (I think I found a Chinese based company that makes fully integrated Sync systems willing to sell me a faceplate) that only connects to the speakers, your own aftermarket microphone for voice activation, and volume and audio settings. If you remove the speakers from the stock radio and just have the audio functions controlled by the aftermarket radio, It would be fine. There's nothing about Sync I need that is rekated to the actual stereo functionality. As long as I can see vehicle diagnostics in the display by the odometer, i'm fine. Nothing else involving th Sync system requires me to see or interact with. I'd wager you could get the current stock stereo and screen to output to the new display pretty easily...and use the voice activation and or remote to control it if you ever needed to like mess with the MyKey controls.

#24 OFFLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2012
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

Can anyone explain to me why it is not possible to keep the stock radio,
In tact but stashed somewhere not visible, and then add a different aftermarket stereo/indash screen (I think I found a Chinese based company that makes fully integrated Sync systems willing to sell me a faceplate) that only connects to the speakers, your own aftermarket microphone for voice activation, and volume and audio settings. If you remove the speakers from the stock radio and just have the audio functions controlled by the aftermarket radio, It would be fine. There's nothing about Sync I need that is rekated to the actual stereo functionality. As long as I can see vehicle diagnostics in the display by the odometer, i'm fine. Nothing else involving th Sync system requires me to see or interact with. I'd wager you could get the current stock stereo and screen to output to the new display pretty easily...and use the voice activation and or remote to control it if you ever needed to like mess with the MyKey controls.

You right, you can keep the stock radio tucked away elsewhere and wire an aftermarket HU to the speakers and SWC.

The stock radio doesn't play a part in the display by the odometer.

However, I would not consider it easy to have the stock radio output to the new display.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·