Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford Fusion Registry is live - more here.

Photo
- - - - -

Canister Purge Valve issues?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MTDAve06

MTDAve06

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • My Fusion:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion SE 2.0L Ecoboost AWD
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

I have a 2015 Ford Fusion with the 2.0L Ecoboost w/ AWD and 28,750 miles. Last week my check engine light came on, so I had the code looked at and got a P144A.

After some light research that tells me the Canister Purge Valve/Solenoid is a very common culprit after Ford changed their design to 1 piece across all models after 2009. It will stick open and dump 40% extra gas down the drain OR stick closed and kill the vehicle while running.

SO here's the deal - The vehicle is for my Fiancee which she uses for work, our newborn and our 2 daughters. I know its under warranty, but they cannot get me in for almost a week at my local dealer. So if at all possible id like to try to fix it myself. from 2009-2013 its fairly easily located in the engine bay.

WHERE IS IT LOCATED? All of my research gives me ZERO information on where to find it. 6 hours looking in the engine bay, and the ford part website image for the specific part shows near the gas tank. Can't see it anywhere. I can't keep having it die on them and leave work to get them, or vice versa if we switch vehicles. I have the new valve and I'd love to just fix it myself if at all possible.

Any ideas or help?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Vintre

Vintre

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • My Fusion:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion Energi

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:54 PM

I don't know if its the same but just had similiar issue on my 2013 Ford Escape.

The purge valve did not come separately but was part of a hose assembly.

Here is a thread from the Escape BB.

http://www.fordescap...html#post814081

Good luck,

Vin

#3 OFFLINE   dcoffey99

dcoffey99

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Fusion:2014
  • Current Vehicle:fusion

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

My 2014 fufsion fwd titanium with 59k miles just got this error thursday night.  I found the purge valve but it did not look anything like the ford part number, so I went ahead and bought the entire assembly from my ford dealer, $110

I've seen lots of posts that claim its a 10 minute job and its under the hood, and some others claiming its near the gas tank and the entire sub frame has to be removed.

I'll poke around under my hood tonight and see, hopefully its under there.

I'm a little disappointed in the fact that this car is 2 years old and just exhibited a breakdown.

Also, I noticed that I could not use my remote start this morning (22 degrees yuck!)  Does a check engine light prevent the remote start?

#4 OFFLINE   Smallz

Smallz

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion SE 2.0L Ecoboost Turbocharged

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

I assume you've fixed this by now, but for anyone else looking for the same answer:

https://app.box.com/...98meh5l4pxb0gxc

And a closer shot:

https://app.box.com/...o64erlubrsgexou
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#5 OFFLINE   jstutz101

jstutz101

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

I have a 2015 Ford Fusion with the 2.0L Ecoboost w/ AWD and 28,750 miles. Last week my check engine light came on, so I had the code looked at and got a P144A.

After some light research that tells me the Canister Purge Valve/Solenoid is a very common culprit after Ford changed their design to 1 piece across all models after 2009. It will stick open and dump 40% extra gas down the drain OR stick closed and kill the vehicle while running.

SO here's the deal - The vehicle is for my Fiancee which she uses for work, our newborn and our 2 daughters. I know its under warranty, but they cannot get me in for almost a week at my local dealer. So if at all possible id like to try to fix it myself. from 2009-2013 its fairly easily located in the engine bay.

WHERE IS IT LOCATED? All of my research gives me ZERO information on where to find it. 6 hours looking in the engine bay, and the ford part website image for the specific part shows near the gas tank. Can't see it anywhere. I can't keep having it die on them and leave work to get them, or vice versa if we switch vehicles. I have the new valve and I'd love to just fix it myself if at all possible.

Any ideas or help?

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I am having the same issue and would like to fix it myself if possible.

Thanks!!!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·