• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
lmcjaho

Biggest tire on 2010 Sport 18"?

Hey gang,

I recently acquired a 2010 Fusion Sport and it came with the stock 225/45R18 tires. I have a set of studded winter tires that are somewhat old but still plenty of tread on them that I was wondering if I could use on my Fusion. They are a bit bigger though, at 225/60R18 - has anyone here run anything like this on their Fusion?

I know it's a decent amount bigger than the stock but I used to run quite a bit bigger than the stock suggested size on my 2006 Charger without any problems so I know that the stock size is not always the max size either. I'd hate to have to buy new tires with these ones still having at least a winter or two left on them...

Thanks!

I know one forum member ran 235/50/18 tires, and he said that they BARELY cleared the control arm, so I don't think they'll fit. But, you could always mount one tire and test fit it to be sure though.

The 225/60/18 won't be a wider profile so likely there won't be any control arm clearance problems.

I would be concerned about wheel-well clearance.

Especially once you get some snow or ice stuck up in there.

I found this site and it's great for figuring out whether a different set of tires will fit. It also has a comparison against stock and provides clearances if you know the measurements. The link is below:

http://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/fusion/2010/

FYI: When speedometer reads 60 km/h actual speed will be 66.1 km/h

Edited by Fanatic Foss

I think that 10% larger than stock is definitely asking for grief.

10%? Yeah, I suppose if you're talking about overall rotating radius, that's about right.

225mm * 45% = 101.25mm sidewall height

225mm * 60% = 135mm sidewall height

So you'd be increasing your overall rotating radius from roughly 330mm to over 365mm.. so just a hair over 10% more.

Speedo would be off, suspension geometry would be off, alignment would be off.. 10% is just asking for problems.