• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Raponator

How many RMS watts is my stereo pushing?

Looking to upgrade my speakers in my 2012 Fusion Se. I'm curious how much wattage the stereo is pushing to each of the speakers in the car and how many OHM's it may have. I do not want to invest in some "150 watt" speakers when the stereo is only pushing 10-15 rms watts. Anybody have any suggestions where I could find this information? Thank you!

I'm guessing it's 10-20 but it really doesn't matter. Any good replace,net speaker will handle it. Infinity kappas are good as are Boston Acoustic.

It does matter. If you put a high RMS wattage speaker in there; 70-120 RMS watts, and the system is only is pushing 10-20 RMS watts on that speaker your music is going to have to be played really loud and sound pretty crappy also. Does anyone know where I could get those stats?

Which audio system do you have in your car?

The basic, Sony, THX?

It does matter. If you put a high RMS wattage speaker in there; 70-120 RMS watts, and the system is only is pushing 10-20 RMS watts on that speaker your music is going to have to be played really loud and sound pretty crappy also. Does anyone know where I could get those stats?

Not true. You're thinking of sensitivity measured in decibels, not power handling. With a low power factory amp you want higher sensitivity regardless of the power handling specs.