Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The new Ford Fusion Sport Forum is here.

Photo
- - - - -

Drying with a air blower?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chip

Chip

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion SE
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Do any of you use some form of air blower (leaf or other) to dry your car after washing? If so, what do you use and are there any tricks or concerns in using it?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   zip89105

zip89105

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • My Fusion:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2003 4Runner & 2016 Fusion SE

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

I used to use a leaf blower, but when I moved from a house to a condo that was no longer feasible. I used a gas blower so I didn't have to worry about electrical issues and cords. It helps, but at some point you'll have to break out the towels to dry the vehicle before it water spots.

#3 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,282 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:Decline

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:17 AM

I've used a leaf blower to dry my car for decades. The way I see it, the less you touch your paint with towels, chamois, blades, etc. the better. My car has no fine scratches from washing and drying. It's really the only way to get water out of the mirrors and other nooks and crannies like the grillework.  It's surprising how much water collects behind trim pieces like the window surrounds, etc.  It's especially good for wheels.

I have no concerns other than dropping the blower onto the car or accidentally hitting the paint with the outlet as you make passes.

Depending on how much and what type of paint protectant you have on the car, some random water droplets will remain on the surface, especially the horizontal ones.  You can dry them with whatever  you choose (not a chamois) but it's a light touch-up kind of thing. 

There are several how-to videos on YouTube, nit that you really need a how-to for this. 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·