• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Chip

Drying with a air blower?

Do any of you use some form of air blower (leaf or other) to dry your car after washing? If so, what do you use and are there any tricks or concerns in using it?

I used to use a leaf blower, but when I moved from a house to a condo that was no longer feasible. I used a gas blower so I didn't have to worry about electrical issues and cords. It helps, but at some point you'll have to break out the towels to dry the vehicle before it water spots.

I've used a leaf blower to dry my car for decades. The way I see it, the less you touch your paint with towels, chamois, blades, etc. the better. My car has no fine scratches from washing and drying. It's really the only way to get water out of the mirrors and other nooks and crannies like the grillework. It's surprising how much water collects behind trim pieces like the window surrounds, etc. It's especially good for wheels.

I have no concerns other than dropping the blower onto the car or accidentally hitting the paint with the outlet as you make passes.

Depending on how much and what type of paint protectant you have on the car, some random water droplets will remain on the surface, especially the horizontal ones. You can dry them with whatever you choose (not a chamois) but it's a light touch-up kind of thing.

There are several how-to videos on YouTube, nit that you really need a how-to for this.

I've used a leaf blower to dry my car for decades. The way I see it, the less you touch your paint with towels, chamois, blades, etc. the better. My car has no fine scratches from washing and drying. It's really the only way to get water out of the mirrors and other nooks and crannies like the grillework. It's surprising how much water collects behind trim pieces like the window surrounds, etc. It's especially good for wheels.

I have no concerns other than dropping the blower onto the car or accidentally hitting the paint with the outlet as you make passes.

Depending on how much and what type of paint protectant you have on the car, some random water droplets will remain on the surface, especially the horizontal ones. You can dry them with whatever you choose (not a chamois) but it's a light touch-up kind of thing.

There are several how-to videos on YouTube, nit that you really need a how-to for this.

Why would a chamois "You can dry them with whatever you choose (not a chamois) " be a bad option?

Serious question

They're more likely to cause fine scratches.

See this.