Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford Fusion Registry is live - more here.

Photo
- - - - -

Guess I should introduce myself

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sirtanon

sirtanon

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion SE
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

Hi everyone!

I've posted in a few threads, but I haven't really introduced myself.   I've been reading this forum for a couple years, and am coming over from another Fusion forum that seems to have died out.. This one seems much more active and I like it a lot.

I own a 2010 Fusion SE that I bought in August of 2014.   It's got the 2.5 engine and 6-speed auto, and currently has just under 223,000 miles on it.  It's my daily driver.  No real "Mods" at this point, but it does have aftermarket rims and a few internal trim tweaks, as well as some LED lighting inside.

iptbev.jpg

I do most of my own maintenance and service, although I do leave the tires and wheels to the Discount Tires down the street.  I'm also a hobbyist/enthusiast detailer, so it tends to look nice and clean and shiny.   I really HATE swirls in the paint.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,402 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:Decline

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

Welcome.  That looks great for a car with 223K miles.

#3 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Fusion Forum Member

• Ford Fusion Team
  • 706 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion Sport

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

Welcome, nice ride!

#4 OFFLINE   sirtanon

sirtanon

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

Thank you both.  When I bought the car in 2014, it was completely COVERED with bad swirls - "spider webs" - from front to back.  Shortly thereafter, I ended up finding the Autogeek detailing forum, and I've been an avid detailing hobbyist since, which is why the paint looks so good.  In Feb 2015, I did a complete paint correction using a Harbor Freight DA orbital polisher and Meguiar's compound,polish, etc.. and I wash it regularly and always finish with a spray wax.

The rims were a nice Craigslist find about 18 months ago.

I just wish I could find an inexpensive set of chrome fog light bezels, as I feel that the car would really look good with them.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#5 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Fusion Forum Member

• Ford Fusion Team
  • 706 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion Sport

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

For the Bezels, you can try Duplicolor paint.  I think they have some nice offerings in regular chrome, satin chrome, etc.

#6 OFFLINE   sirtanon

sirtanon

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

I've considered painting it with chrome paint, but I'm just not sure if it will give me the results I want.  Still considering if I want to risk ending up with bezels that are neither black nor proper chrome.

At this point, I'm probably going to wait until I can find a suitable junked donor car to get them from - Either actual chrome ones, or black ones that I can paint without worrying how it will turn out.  I'll probably also get some interior trim parts from said junker, like the trim pieces around the power lock buttons, center console, etc.. as I'd like to try some carbon fiber vinyl and it will be much easier to apply that to parts that are off the car.

Also planning to get my hands on a second valve cover, which I want to clean thoroughly and paint to match the body color of the car, for a little under-hood pop.  Hoping to find one soon, since my VC gasket needs replacing.

Ultimately, I want to tweak the appearance, inside and out, just a little bit.. but I really don't want it to look cheap or ghetto, if you know what I mean.

#7 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,402 posts
  • My Fusion:Decline

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

Thank you both.  When I bought the car in 2014, it was completely COVERED with bad swirls - "spider webs" - from front to back.  Shortly thereafter, I ended up finding the Autogeek detailing forum, and I've been an avid detailing hobbyist since, which is why the paint looks so good.  In Feb 2015, I did a complete paint correction using a Harbor Freight DA orbital polisher and Meguiar's compound,polish, etc.. and I wash it regularly and always finish with a spray wax.

The rims were a nice Craigslist find about 18 months ago.

I just wish I could find an inexpensive set of chrome fog light bezels, as I feel that the car would really look good with them.

I get a lot of stuff from Autogeek myself. ;) 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·