What's New:
• How to tag someone in a post - more here.
• Create custom forum activity streams - more here.
• Change the forum view - more here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
rowekmr

How many miles in EV only?

How many miles and what type of driving are others getting? In the cold months I can get 14 miles total mostly 12 miles highway at 70 mph with about 1 mile each end getting off going through city streets and stop lights.

I get 20-24 EV miles during the cold months and 26-30 in the warm months. Most of my driving is done in the city with quite a bit of stop and go. I've noticed that using climate control in my 2017 doesn't affect the EV miles as much as it did in my 2015.

My best tank in my 2015 was 5,200 miles. My best in my 2017 so far is just over 2,000 but I've been remote starting it every day and have done quite a bit of expressway / longer distance driving.

20-24 wow! I don't think I have gotten 20 miles yet but mines is a 2013 and I am learning how to squeeze out more economy.

I've heard these have remote start but never used it thinking it would waste more gas. Does it start up in electric and preheat the interior or start up in gas mode?

As the weather is warming my readout of miles available after a charge is now more than the 13 I get in the winter months. It hovers between 17-21 miles depending on temperature (50F-70F) thus far. I did a drive of 17 miles in stop and go traffic and showed 7 more miles on the readout for my longest electric travel. I guess stop and go extends the range compared to steady 60 mph that I do when there is no traffic.