Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

bruker

Transmission Fluid Change?

I have an '12 3.0 automatic. What's the factory recommended fluid change interval for the automatic transmission?

The recommendation is 150K miles, but most people agree 60K is a good interval. Some do it more often at 30K.

I thought the 150K was for the earlier transmission that used the synthetic fluid.

Check your owner's manual. 150,000 miles is the new standard interval for most, if not all, Ford transmissions.

I tend to avoid the manual for certain things like 150,000 mile transmission fluid changes or one year/10,000 mile oil changes, while others insist the manual is the only way to go. My opinion is change the fluid sooner.

I tend to avoid the manual for certain things like 150,000 mile transmission fluid changes or one year/10,000 mile oil changes, while others insist the manual is the only way to go. My opinion is change the fluid sooner.

The manual should be the maximum limit. Doing it early is up to you.

I have a 2012 Fusion with the 2.5 liter engine.  How many quarts of transmission fluid is required on a drain and refill? Thanks for your help.