Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
T1125P

2009 Ford Fusion with LED Headlights

Hi all, I just installed H11 LED fog and headlights. Using SiriusLED's they look awesome, and you can see a huge difference. Well as you know now, I get the check left and check right headlamp warning. A simple press of the reset button clears it but it comes back. I know you can put a 50w 6ohm LED resistor but I read everywhere that they get extremely hot and I'm not comfortable putting those in. On the other hand you have the canbus error warning canceller which just clears the error message. One from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/NEVERLAND-Warning-Canceller-Resistor-Decoder/dp/B01HXV6192/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1487448429&sr=8-8&keywords=H11+CANBUS+LED+Decoder

My question is does anyone here have LED headlights in their 2006-2009 Fusion and if so what did you use to correct the check headlamp warning.

Thank you

I have an 08 fusion I put some JDMASTAR G1 H11 LED lows in mine from amazon for $50. They're plug and play and don't throw codes or warnings, they look awesome and have been functioning perfectly for about 4 weeks now. I aimed them a little bit lower so I don't blind everyone, so far no one has flashed me and I haven't been stopped yet. I also run the ODB 2 cpu monitoring tool which links to my phone via they ODB2 pro app....tells me everything about my car and the codes if any are present, which I can clear from the app.

Dkan, which obd tool are you using?

I have an 08 fusion I put some JDMASTAR G1 H11 LED lows in mine from amazon for $50. They're plug and play and don't throw codes or warnings, they look awesome and have been functioning perfectly for about 4 weeks now. I aimed them a little bit lower so I don't blind everyone, so far no one has flashed me and I haven't been stopped yet. I also run the ODB 2 cpu monitoring tool which links to my phone via they ODB2 pro app....tells me everything about my car and the codes if any are present, which I can clear from the app.

Did you have to change the whole housing? Or do the LED "bulbs" work in the standard reflector housing?

Hey Dkan103 those you have are very much like mine SiriusLED H11. Maybe I should have bought yours on Amazon :D

Anyway, I tried 2 different H11 LED cancellers and even went with a load resistor. All of them don't work and the load resister gets extremely hot the instant you turn on the light.

The cancellers just don't work at all the headlights do not even go on and I even flipped the connector. The fog lights are the same H11 LEDS they are fine. I guess the computer doesn't care about the fog lights being LEDS. I will keep researching and ordering and returning until this is right :P

Ok update, after my 3rd LED H11 canceller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFRT3DG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The headlamp error still shows up. Nothing seems to work, load resistors or cancellers. From this point I think the only thing to do now is to contact Ford and see if they sell something to clear this error code.

Have you measured the resistance or do they state the resistance value?

All of these gadgets are just load resistors - all that crap about "advanced generation" and "decoders" -jeez.

If the resistors plus the LEDS don't dissipate almost the same wattage as the standard H11's then the current sensing circuitry will see it as a lamp failure.

The volts on all the canceller's are 9 to 36V. Ford does not have anything to fix this. I will keep on researching. Unless there was a way to clear the code for good if I go to my mechanic and the hook up the computer that shows errors. For now I will keep looking, they work great regardless, just that it's annoying every 10mins to see check headlamp :D

T1125P, did you actually measure the resistance of the 'cancellers'?

This issue is 'solvable' if they are the correct resistance.

Hello, I haven't done that, but all these cancellers have a range from 9 - 36v and my LED's are actually using 36 watts, 12v, 3.15A. Just ordered another pair I will try this to to turn the connectors around a few times and see if they work. With LED's it does matter which way you plug them in.

If your LEDs actually draw 36W (although if you do the math 3.15A at 12V equates to 38W) then 6 ohm resistors are not the answer as they would could total power to be 64W. So the car's bulb warning circuit is probably detecting over-current.

You should use 8 ohm resistors.