Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get your Fusion Registered at the official Ford Authorized Registry here!

Photo
- - - - -

2014 Fusion Heated Seat not working

heated seat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Yvonneay

Yvonneay

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • My Fusion:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Titanium
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

I just purchased my 2014 Ford Fusion from a Ford dealer actually about 1.5 hrs away from my home, about 3 months ago. I don't recall when I purchased it that the heated seats weren't working, but I'm sure I tested them... Why wouldn't I have? One day, I was a passenger for once and I turned it on, and I could notice the difference from where the passenger side works, and the driver side doesn't.

Being the worry worm and always cold person I am, I contacted Ford to schedule a repair under my (what I thought) still active bumper to bumper warranty. They told me my warranty had expired... even though when I bought the car the salesman there told me my warranty was still good. I had bought the car 1 month after the warranty expired. A$$hats... I guess it's my fault too for not knowing as this is my first car purchase.

I never made an appointment because I know diagnostics alone would be $135... on top of whatever the repair would be. Extensive googling seems to make it around $200 for the cheapest, but over $1500 for more expensive fixes. I'm almost ready to give up on it, but I want more information, more input, more guidance.

So, here is my problem, and depending on replies will depend on me spending money for repairs or trying to tackle it on my own (a not so mechanically inclined cheap person).

Driver side only heated seat does not heat up. On my screen, I can hit the button and the 3 little lights will light up, stay on for whatever length I want it to (as in won't turn off on it's own), but no heat ever comes from it. Passenger side works absolutely perfectly though, so... there's that...

I appreciate any help at all. I'm very frustrated about my warranty being up even before purchasing the car as well... any side advice for extended warranties is also welcome (are they worth it? should I get something? I still have my Powertrain 5 year/60k miles at least for another 1.5 years).

Thanks in advance!

Yvonneay

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Fusion Forum Member

• Ford Fusion Team
  • 749 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion Sport

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

Most likely a bad heating element in the driver's seat, but it could be the control module also.  Extended warranties are available from Ford directly, you can get them at discounted rates online.  You will need to buy the PremiumCare level I believe to get coverage on the heated seats.  Not sure if an inspection will be needed or not, that is about a $100.  If your car is in great shape otherwise, I'd get it now.

LombardFordWarrantys.com, FloodFordESP.com, www.ZieglerFordESP.com are a few places to shop for warranties online.

https://www.floodfor...Submit=Continue

https://www.floodfor...premiumcare.php

Call to verify heated seats are covered.  Heat Element - Front Seat

#3 OFFLINE   fusionff

fusionff

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Current Vehicle:07 Fusion

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

Warranty would be a great option if available, otherwise some of us have replaced a burnt out heated seat element (mine was back in 2012).  Check out this thread, my post was #24 (with pictures), and in this thread my post was #10 with instructions on how I did the repair.

Now your part numbers would obviously be different, but they are easy enough to find out.  And that's if you were to attempt to replace the part yourself.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Yvonneay

Yvonneay

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • My Fusion:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Titanium

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the replies and I'm looking into more of the ESP. Seems that because I'm out of warranty, though, I'm not eligible for it. The website you linked gives me only if I was still under my original 3yr/36kmile warranty. I'm not.

Another thing I need to stress is that the button for the heated seats NEVER turns off. Unless I hit it to turn it off. It seems that the most common problem with the heated seat is the heating element is bad but it SOUNDS like (from extensive googling) that the lights on the button would turn off after a bit on it's own and not allow for it to come back on, or flash on and off. I don't know, doesn't sound like my problem.

My significant other asked me to look under the seat and see if, for some stupid reason, something was unplugged. I looked and to what I could see, nothing seemed unplugged.

I guess my next step is to see if I can get the seat out of the car and take it apart to diagnose it myself, but again, I am NOT mechanically inclined. In fact, I don't even think I'll be able to lift the seat up by myself. I'm just too damn cheap to pay for a place to do it just because I'm out of warranty...

Anyways, thanks for the help. Any added advice is always welcome.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heated seat

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·