Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
akent36

New Fusion Owner

Just bought a used 2016 Fusion Titanium with moonroof and running lights as the only options. It is Tectonic Silver in color. I like it a lot but my wife hates it--she wanted the MKZ. I sold a 10 year old Freestyle to buy this--and I hope this treats me as well as the Freestyle did.

Congratulations on your new ride, don't we all want an MKZ? I had a 2005 Freestyle and traded it in because of all the things I was reading about CVT issues with metal in the fluid, no replacement parts, etc, etc, obviously yours worked well and lasted a long time. How many miles on it when you sold it?

Welcome !!

Welcome!

The Freestyle had 76,000 miles on it and looked and drove just like the day I bought it, when it was a year old and had 12,000 miles. The only repairs needed were a $110 thermostat and a $40 transmission linkage adjustment. I sold it to a good friend who understands the CVT as the mechanic we have both used for the past 20 years also has a Freestyle. He has customers with 150,000-225,000 miles on their cars with original CVT's. Using common sense while driving, keeping hot rodding to an absolute minimum and careful maintenance by a mechanic who knows CVT's are the secrets.

Welcome to the forum!