Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get your Fusion Registered at the official Ford Authorized Registry here!

Photo
- - - - -

Bluetooth/SYNC Not Responding

sync bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GP2012

GP2012

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • My Fusion:2011
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Fusion SE
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

Hi Friends,

I'm hoping I can get some troubleshooting help with the SYNC on my car. In February this year, my grandparents gifted me their 2011 Fusion SE 2.5 L 4-cylinder. It's in pretty good condition, only had 34,000 miles on it before they drove it here from Michigan (now about 35,500), and they had it looked at by technicians at their local Ford service center before they left the state, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. The second day I had it, I got into the car, turned the key, heard a bunch of "clicks," but the engine wouldn't turn over, none of the lights would turn on, etc. My roommate and I tried to jump it, but we were unsuccessful, so my grandfather took it to the service center by my house the next morning and had the battery replaced. Since then, I haven't had any issues with it starting or running smoothly. The issue is really only with the Bluetooth/SYNC in the car.

When I first got the car, I read over the manual for hooking my phone up and pairing everything. I was able to get everything all set without any issues. About two weeks later, I tried to play music/navigation through my phone via the Bluetooth option, and when I pressed the media button and said "Bluetooth Audio," my voice wasn't picked up at all. It would say "SYNC, please say a command" and I would say "Bluetooth Audio," but would get no response (it would wait a few seconds before telling me what my options to say were, and when I tried the other options it still wouldn't pick up my voice). When this happened I looked online and did a factory reset and re-added my phone, which seemed to fix the problem. A couple of weeks after that, it happened again, I did the same thing an had no issues.

About two weeks ago, it happened again, only since then I haven't been able to fix the issue. I've tried the hard reset, turning Bluetooth off and back on on my phone and the car, turning my phone and the car off and back on to try and reconnect it, but to no avail. I did notice that when I go into my Bluetooth settings, the car says that Bluetooth is off, but the Bluetooth symbol is still popping up on my radio face, as if Bluetooth is on. I read online about possibly having to update the software for SYNC, but I'm unsure how to do this, and I highly doubt my grandparents ever did any updates since they didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked if the SYNC had ever acted up while they had the car.

I will be the first to admit to my ignorance on this subject, so any insight is much appreciated. I will take it into the service center if I have to, but I'd rather not have to pay to fix the issue if it is something that I could fix on my own

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,807 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Ruby Red

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Register at owner.ford.com and it will  show you if you have updates and whether you can do them yourself via a USB drive.

When it stops responding to the bluetooth audio command, are you still able to do any other commands such as "Call so-and-so", etc.?    There were some bad microphones around the 2011 models IIRC.  

#3 OFFLINE   andyross

andyross

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2011
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Fusion SEL

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

On my 2011, I have had issues where Sync seems to crash. All that works is the AM/FM/Sat. The menus only show radio settings and the voice doesn't work at all. If you power the car off and open the door (so it turns off), then power back up, it will start working after a few minutes of bootup. I know mine is a bit older version (I think the Ford site says Gen 3.3 or similar). I haven't gotten around to running the update to the latest, yet.

Edited by andyross, 20 March 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,807 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Ruby Red

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

Try pulling the fuse or the neg battery cable to force a complete reset.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sync, bluetooth

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·