• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Silver14Ti

2017 Energi Lowered and Tinted

Posted (edited)

Here are a few photos of my 2017 Energi.

It had just finished raining, but the beauty of silver is the ability to hide the dirtiness.

Mods are: lowering springs, blacked out grille and fog lamp surrounds, tint (5% all but windshield, 35% windshield) and removed door badges.

2430C2FE-9D0A-4CFB-B5D7-999E963831FC_zps

8C9FDD08-0573-4D10-8460-2543CC115E30_zps

4C2250DD-92F9-497E-80B7-00802FB31931_zps

21B1B8B6-4C3B-4744-AE50-B8C53CA55236_zps

Compared to stock height

Front

E83B30CE-DC92-4E0C-A896-0A24A8D8E512_zps

Rear

AEC11F9E-8667-4CF5-907E-937CA6B26850_zps

Edited by Silver14Ti

Posted (edited)

You've posted this twice in two different areas. The other has been deleted as a duplicate. One post per topic, please.

Edit: posted three times. Also deleted.

Edited by drolds1

Why exactly would you do that? Do you not like the Ford or Energi emblems on the vehicle? If not, why did you purchase the vehicle? Does it get that hot in Michigan that you need tint to reduce infrared light into the vehicle, or does the AC system in Energis suck?

Posted (edited)

I didn't care for the out of place looking Fusion and Energi emblems on the doors. I left the emblems on the decklid.

DB576655-E207-4C19-8EE4-914688C82171_zps

I really like the car, it's my third in 3 years. I had a 2014 EcoBoost Titanium, 2015 Energi, and now the 2017. I just like it to look a little different than every other one on the road.

The heat and AC are great.. My eyes are light sensitive and I like the way it looks.

Edited by Silver14Ti

I've always had my windows tinted too but I didn't on new MKZ. As of Jan. 1 of this year, any car with window tint exceeding 30% will fail NYS safety inspection. Inspection stations had to purchase light meters in order to enforce this new law. The legal limit for tint has always been on the books but tickets were only issued if you got pulled over for something else. Now it's mandatory. Lots of tints are going to be removed here in NY this year. It wasn't worth doing @ 30%. You can barely tell.

I've always had my windows tinted too but I didn't on new MKZ. As of Jan. 1 of this year, any car with window tint exceeding 30% will fail NYS safety inspection. Inspection stations had to purchase light meters in order to enforce this new law. The legal limit for tint has always been on the books but tickets were only issued if you got pulled over for something else. Now it's mandatory. Lots of tints are going to be removed here in NY this year. It wasn't worth doing @ 30%. You can barely tell.

30-35% is close to the factory tint on the rear of an SUV. My wife has 35% on the sides and rears and it looks good. Not too dark, but better than the fishbowl look lol

Wow, if we had that law here, I'd have to get a doctor note or wear my sunglasses at night lol

My guy at the dealer told me that they did some cars with 30% and when the customers came to pick them up they thought there was no tint. I'd have to see one to evaluate how it looks. I've got a dark car with dark interior now and it almost looks like there's a slight tint.

My guy at the dealer told me that they did some cars with 30% and when the customers came to pick them up they thought there was no tint. I'd have to see one to evaluate how it looks. I've got a dark car with dark interior now and it almost looks like there's a slight tint.

I'll get a photo of the CMAX tomorrow if it doesn't rain.. It looks darker than it is on this rainy, cloudy day.

Very Nice!

Posted (edited)

I'll get a photo of the CMAX tomorrow if it doesn't rain.. It looks darker than it is on this rainy, cloudy day.

The car is filthy, but this will give an idea of 35% tint.

C1AAF5C7-7EB3-4B85-9E08-E667FA88C039_zps

Actually, I found a photo on my phone from a sunny day..

85D628AC-0688-4965-B885-C42EBB536082_zps

Edited by Silver14Ti

Thank you for posting. It's kind of hard to tell from a picture. I'll have to try to see one in person.

Posted (edited)

I like the grille of the '17s. I guess they call it a "honeycomb" style? Would that grille fit a 2016?

I really want to get rid of the silver bars on mine and have been looking for a Honeycomb Style Grille.

Edited by nForrest

Posted (edited)

I like the grille of the '17s. I guess they call it a "honeycomb" style? Would that grille fit a 2016?

I really want to get rid of the silver bars on mine and have been looking for a Honeycomb Style Grille.

I believe the honeycomb on the 2017 is only on the Platnium vehicles. Mine had chrome bars and I used plastidip and sprayed them black along with the fog lamp surrounds.

The 2017 grille will not fit a 2016.

I used plastidip on my 2015 as well. Here are a few photos.

A0831061-EAD2-422C-8780-F9E8C3D52151_zps

image_zps2c0wxiyr.jpg

Edited by Silver14Ti

Very sharp! Looks good!!

Looks really good! Pardon my ignorance, but is the front windshield tinted?