Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get your Fusion Registered at the official Ford Authorized Registry here!

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Fusion - P2196 After fueling up..

P2196

Best Answer jstutz101 , 20 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

Just a quick follow up - The new part came in today.  As expected the lower hose is a BEAR to install due to limited space but it can be done without removing anything, although I was really tempted to remove the radiator hoses that were in the way.  When reinstalling the bottom connection be sure to push it in all the way.  If the clips wont push in with a fair amount of force it's because the hose is not on all the way.  It almost felt like it "popped" on when pushed all the way on, which with the aid of a very long screwdriver and a little prying action against the alternator got it on finally.  The rest was a breeze.  

For what it's worth, one way to know if your old valve is bad is to blow into it.  The old one was stuck open, the new was shut.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jstutz101

jstutz101

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

My wife filled our 2013 Fusion 2.0L with gas today.  All was fine till she went to start it and she claims it stumble and stalled.  She hit the button again and it started fine.  Later that day the CEL came on so I checked the codes with a scanner.  Its shows a P2196 - O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean Bank 1, Sensor 1.  Anyone else had this issue?  

Thanks!!

Jeff

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jstutz101

jstutz101

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

I've done some more research on this problem.  Found this video -   My car is making the exact some odd noise.  I went ahead and ordered a new Purge Valve Hose Assembly (including purge valve) part #: DG9Z-9D289-D.  While I wait for that to come in I took the old one off.  Anyone doing this yourself, do yourself a favor and use a 90 deg pick for the lower connector, it's a tight squeeze.

Here is another video with helpful info..   

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#3 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Fusion Forum Member

• Ford Fusion Team
  • 749 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion Sport

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:35 AM

Very common to hear of fuel/emissions system related issues like this.  Hope it resolves your case as well.

#4 OFFLINE   jstutz101

jstutz101

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:15 PM   Best Answer

Just a quick follow up - The new part came in today.  As expected the lower hose is a BEAR to install due to limited space but it can be done without removing anything, although I was really tempted to remove the radiator hoses that were in the way.  When reinstalling the bottom connection be sure to push it in all the way.  If the clips wont push in with a fair amount of force it's because the hose is not on all the way.  It almost felt like it "popped" on when pushed all the way on, which with the aid of a very long screwdriver and a little prying action against the alternator got it on finally.  The rest was a breeze.  

For what it's worth, one way to know if your old valve is bad is to blow into it.  The old one was stuck open, the new was shut.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

• Frank F likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·