• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
mrl

coil spring

mrl    0
Posted (edited)

I have a broken front driver-side coil spring on the strut. 2012 ford fusion sel fwd with sport tuned suspension and 18" rims. How do i go about finding the right part number? I believe it is one of these AE5Z 5310 but dont know if its AE5Z5310-A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H, etc.

Edited by mrl

Posted (edited)

The most reliable way to get the right part is to order it from a Ford dealer who will enter your VIN into the system and it will use your vehicle's 'as-built' data.

I suppose you found one of the nicer 'nid poule' for which Montreal is famous to have caused that much damage.

btw - I would recommend changing both springs.

Edited by eGuru

mrl    0

Talked to someone at parts dept at local ford dealer. Appearently i was bothering him. FoMoCo doesnt reside in a good place in my heart, with allduerespect to their engineers and designers. I prefer to get the warm and fuzzy feeling that info provided by people on forums like this gives me. BTW I dont know how you guessed i drive in montreal, but i supose the mojority of fusion owners with busted springs must be driving the degenerate streets of montreal.

Topic moved to appropriate forum by moderator.

Posted (edited)

These are the only coil springs I see on offer for a 2012 SEL 3.0 Fusion. G series is what you want, I think. #6

6 AE5Z-5310-C Coil Spring

FUSION; 3.0L; AWD

$116.97 $80.71

6 AE5Z-5310-G Coil Spring

FUSION; 3.0L; FWD

$116.40 $80.32

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/auto-parts/2012/ford/fusion/sel-trim/3-0l-v6-flex-engine/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

e50a73141407ad97d4637c68ce863828.png

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

BTW I dont know how you guessed i drive in montreal,

Because it says "Region: Canada Quebec Location: Montreal" on every post....

These are the only coil springs I see on offer for a 2012 SEL 3.0 Fusion. G series is what you want, I think. #6

6 AE5Z-5310-C Coil Spring

FUSION; 3.0L; AWD

$116.97 $80.71

6 AE5Z-5310-G Coil Spring

FUSION; 3.0L; FWD

$116.40 $80.32

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/auto-parts/2012/ford/fusion/sel-trim/3-0l-v6-flex-engine/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

e50a73141407ad97d4637c68ce863828.png

Not that eBay ads are a 100% accurate, but here is a note from a listing that says the -G is not applicable to the OP's vehicle.

post-26776-0-41623400-1492435424_thumb.png

Just a thought.. don't know if you're willing to go non-OEM, but what about going with a set of Moog springs:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2012,fusion,3.0l+v6,3015604,suspension,coil+spring,7512

... or even a full assembly?

mrl    0

Yes ive looked at the moog springs. Alot of details on them available. If i knew any details on the factory "sports tuned" springs, it sure would make things easier.

At least to preserve, or even improve, the vehicules handling when installing aftermarket parts.

As for complete strut assemblies, it appears they only come from budget brands.

Need something more substantial, premium at least if the car is to survive another 75k in montreal.

Moog springs plus sachs struts? I dunno 😕

Yes ive looked at the moog springs. Alot of details on them available. If i knew any details on the factory "sports tuned" springs, it sure would make things easier.

At least to preserve, or even improve, the vehicules handling when installing aftermarket parts.

As for complete strut assemblies, it appears they only come from budget brands.

Need something more substantial, premium at least if the car is to survive another 75k in montreal.

Moog springs plus sachs struts? I dunno

It seems that you would be happiest replacing with the exact Ford OEM spring. Why not try another dealer if the parts guy at your dealership was too 'busy' to serve you?

It seems that you would be happiest replacing with the exact Ford OEM spring. Why not try another dealer if the parts guy at your dealership was too 'busy' to serve you?

...or contact Benny at Levittown Ford, an authorized advertiser here.

According to the Tasca Ford website (one of the biggest Ford parts sources in NA), a 2012 SEL 2.5 with 18" wheels takes suffix 'H.'

genuine-ford.png?cb=1492790829
lincoln.png?cb=1492790829mercury.png?cb=1492790829
  • Manufacturer: Ford
  • Part Number: AE5Z-5310-H
  • Part: Spring, LEFT
  • Part Notes: Fusion. With 2.5L, with 18 wheels.

According to the Tasca Ford website (one of the biggest Ford parts sources in NA), a 2012 SEL 2.5 with 18" wheels takes suffix 'H.'

genuine-ford.png?cb=1492790829
lincoln.png?cb=1492790829mercury.png?cb=1492790829
  • Manufacturer: Ford
  • Part Number: AE5Z-5310-H
  • Part: Spring, LEFT
  • Part Notes: Fusion. With 2.5L, with 18 wheels.

OP's vehicle is 3.0L

OOPS. Thanks for catching that. I was looking at sirtanon's car. Oddly enough, nobody seems to have a listing for the 18" wheels. They might have discontinued them. I'd call Tasca Ford. If anybody can help, they can.

b210be4b5800f39ca58665018b2226db.jpg