• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
XxKCxX

Help! Electrical issues

I've got a v6 SEL 2006

I know I have an SJB issue ( signals and brake lights come on together) but this morning my dash cluster started flickering on and off. Then stayed off and all exterior lights went dim. Switch my lights from auto to park and it did same thing, then to full lights and same thing again. Now in any setting I have no dash cluster. 30 seconds after my climate control flickered and then shut off, no lights display or fan. Also car runs in limo mode, transmission stays in one gear won't shift and engine is a little rough. Could SJB be completely messed ?

How old is your battery?

How old is your battery?

If the battery is more than 3 years old replace it anyway.

Battery isn't too old. Year and half probably. I forgot mention, my abs light came on just before everything started to die. My gauge doesn't work at all, no lights no tach no speed, no signal indicator even tho signals still work ( but dim) I'm at work ATM so gonna look into it after. Figured I'd post on here and see if anyone had ideas

Thanks guys

You may have as simple a problem as a bad ground or corroded battery terminals.

Measure the voltage at the battery cable terminals (not across the battery posts) and also inside the vehicle (say at a power point).

With engine off, We should see at least 12.6V.

Think I found my problem.

Since there is a battery indicator and also a " Check charging system" notification that comes across my cluster when I first turn the key to "On" ( it's always done that since day one so I figured was an initial System boot up, because it goes away once car is started) it never dawned on me that my alternator could have died, because it wouldn't say or give an indicator.

Anyway, I started the car up when I got to it after work, low and behold everything worked. Lights, shifting, gauges, all normal. About 10 minutes down the road my airbag light comes on, and then ABS. I then remembered I had a FM transmitter that could read car voltage. 9.5v. I kept watching it as I drove, and at about 9V is when everything started shutting down leaving just the power train in limp mode.

I'm used to my old 99 Explorer that had a voltage gauge plus a working battery light.