Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
KimMcKinney

Outside temperature not registering correctly

Hello,

I recently started having an issue with the outside temperature not registering correctly. One day about 10 days ago, the panel said it was MINUS 39 degrees outside! It is April and I live in Texas. I did not think too much about it at the time as the A/C was still functioning properly. When I drove the car the next day the temperature reading was back to normal.

Yesterday the problem got much worse. The temperature reading was fluctuating wildly, it was 88, than it was 29, than it was 65. Again A/c was still blowing cool air. When I finished with my appointment, I started having issues with the a/c. We were back to MINUS 39 degrees outside and the A/c must have thought it was cold as I could only get heat and no air. I started pushing buttons. Turning it off, turning it off, put it on Max A/c instead of auto, tried to recirculate.

Than I noticed the temperature reading was reading normal again and suddenly the A/c started blowing cold air again. However; the temperature reading was still fluctuating wildly. 111, 92, 67, 88, 72....

Today, the A/c has been working but the temperature is still fluctuating alot.

What could be causing this?

As an aside, back in February, I had someone sideswipe my car in a parking lot. The right front passenger side front panel was totally toast, she hit me so hard in the parking lot that she even damaged my tire! This could be totally unrelated, not sure where the components to register the outside temp are located. Anyways, just wanted to mention that in case it could be related.

Appreciate an assistance or thoughts.

Sincerely,

Kim McKinney

The outside air temp wiring runs along the right fender and the sensor is located behind the grill on the right.

So probably you have a damaged sensor or wiring.

The outside air temp wiring runs along the right fender and the sensor is located behind the grill on the right.

So probably you have a damaged sensor or wiring.

Thank you! That is good to know. Will have it checked out and let my insurance company know so we can file for a supplement.

One more question, is it possible for the problem show up two months after the accident?

I take it we aren't allowed to post pics here? Or I need to have x number of posts? I would like to show a picture of the damage.

I take it we aren't allowed to post pics here? Or I need to have x number of posts? I would like to show a picture of the damage.

You can use the "More Reply Options".

The symptoms could have started 2 months after the accident if the wiring insulation or a connector was damaged and then corrosion caused the final failure.

Of course, this could also just be coincidental.

You can absolutely post pictures here. Have you checked our Site Feedback and Help Section for a tutorial?

We already have a discussion on this topic here. Please use the Search function before posting a question so that we don't end up with multiple threads for the same topic. This thread will now be closed. Any further discussion should be directed to the above-referenced discussion.