Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford Fusion Registry is live - more here.

Photo
- - - - -

2014 2.0 Dealer Fuel Induction Service Now Faulty Fuel Pressure Reg & Vapor Manage Valve

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jadefa

jadefa

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • My Fusion:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion 2.0
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

I have a 2014 2.0 Fusion SE and semi-recently opted for the Fuel Induction Service recommended by the dealer at 47,000 miles. We run Costco 89 Oc exclusively and the car now has 61,000. The service engine soon light came on as the wife was heading over the grapevine, she noticed slightly rough idle on startup and less power. We got the car into the dealership this morning and it threw 3 codes, dealership translated to faulty fuel pressure regulator and vapor management valve / vacuum leak. Isn't the fuel induction service supposed to prevent this kind of failure? I understand that emissions sensors are flakey and can go out at any time, but is it possible one thing is related to the other, perhaps the injection cleaning never even got done?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ONLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:2012
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

What is this "Fuel Induction Service"? I don't see it in the recommended by Ford schedule.

• jadefa likes this

#3 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,700 posts
  • My Fusion:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Ruby Red

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

It's in the "additional dealer profit" addendum, right next to the blinker fluid change and the flux capacitor tune up kit.
  • jadefa and Frank F like this

#4 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,448 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:51 AM

It's in the "additional dealer profit" addendum, right next to the blinker fluid change and the flux capacitor tune up kit.

Indeed.  Ford does not recommend any fuel induction service for EB engines.  Costly damage to your turbocharger can result.

You need to watch this video and then, I'd have a talk with the service manager of your dealer and perhaps, the owner as well. 

• jadefa likes this

#5 ONLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • My Fusion:2012
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Whatever chemicals your dealer used for this unauthorized service probably caused your issues. They should pay for the fixes.

• drolds1, jadefa and Frank F like this

#6 OFFLINE   sirtanon

sirtanon

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion SE

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

I agree with all the comments above.   Whichever dealer did this induction service to your car was very much in the wrong, both for suggesting/pushing it in the first place, and then for performing it at all.

They are 100% liable for the damage, and should be held responsible for the expense of repairing the damage, as well as covering any down-the-road damages that occur as a result, even if they are not apparent now.

Whether or not they accept initial responsibility and agree to cover the current repairs, if I were you, I would also call Ford corporate, or at least speak with a regional service manager, and advise them about what this dealer did, and see if you can get Ford to agree to either an extension of the warranty, or something in writing stating that they stipulate to potential further repair coverage, should additional failures as a result of the induction service they performed.

• drolds1, jadefa and zip89105 like this

#7 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,700 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

if I were you, I would also call Ford corporate, or at least speak with a regional service manager, and advise them about what this dealer did, and see if you can get Ford to agree to either an extension of the warranty, or something in writing stating that they stipulate to potential further repair coverage, should additional failures as a result of the induction service they performed.

This has nothing to do with Ford - it's strictly between the dealer and the customer.  Better to go directly to first the service mgr then the owner.

• jadefa likes this

#8 OFFLINE   jadefa

jadefa

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

Thanks everybody for the input, I called the sevice manager and he says fuel induction service is 'dealer recommended' but that their rep told them its ok to do induction service on the ecoboost engine. He's gonna call me back, I'll post the result.

Edited by jadefa, 25 April 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,700 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

It really doesn't matter who says it's ok - if it messes up the engine they need to fix it.   I can pretty much guarantee if you ask Ford specifically whether it's ok to do exactly what they did Ford would say no.  They don't even recommend using a cleaner on the throttle body.

• jadefa likes this

#10 OFFLINE   jadefa

jadefa

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

Thanks everybody for the input, I called the sevice manager and he says fuel induction service is 'dealer recommended' but that their rep told them its ok to do induction service on the ecoboost engine. He's gonna call me back, I'll post the result.

So the manager called back and said carbon build-up is a problem for the E-B, so the dealer recommends fuel induction service for the engine. I told him it's worse to send chemicals or chunks of carbon into the turbos. He then said he is going to file a warranty with ford for the Fuel Pressure Reg & Vapor Management Valve R & R. He's going to call me back tomorrow & let me know how much they're going to cover, at this point I'm ready to contact corporate. Thanks everybody for setting me straight about the fuel induction scam.

• zip89105 and Frank F like this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·