Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
jadefa

2014 2.0 Dealer Fuel Induction Service Now Faulty Fuel Pressure Reg & Vapor Manage Valve

I have a 2014 2.0 Fusion SE and semi-recently opted for the Fuel Induction Service recommended by the dealer at 47,000 miles. We run Costco 89 Oc exclusively and the car now has 61,000. The service engine soon light came on as the wife was heading over the grapevine, she noticed slightly rough idle on startup and less power. We got the car into the dealership this morning and it threw 3 codes, dealership translated to faulty fuel pressure regulator and vapor management valve / vacuum leak. Isn't the fuel induction service supposed to prevent this kind of failure? I understand that emissions sensors are flakey and can go out at any time, but is it possible one thing is related to the other, perhaps the injection cleaning never even got done?

What is this "Fuel Induction Service"? I don't see it in the recommended by Ford schedule.

It's in the "additional dealer profit" addendum, right next to the blinker fluid change and the flux capacitor tune up kit.

It's in the "additional dealer profit" addendum, right next to the blinker fluid change and the flux capacitor tune up kit.

Indeed. Ford does not recommend any fuel induction service for EB engines. Costly damage to your turbocharger can result.

You need to watch this video and then, I'd have a talk with the service manager of your dealer and perhaps, the owner as well.

Whatever chemicals your dealer used for this unauthorized service probably caused your issues. They should pay for the fixes.

I agree with all the comments above. Whichever dealer did this induction service to your car was very much in the wrong, both for suggesting/pushing it in the first place, and then for performing it at all.

They are 100% liable for the damage, and should be held responsible for the expense of repairing the damage, as well as covering any down-the-road damages that occur as a result, even if they are not apparent now.

Whether or not they accept initial responsibility and agree to cover the current repairs, if I were you, I would also call Ford corporate, or at least speak with a regional service manager, and advise them about what this dealer did, and see if you can get Ford to agree to either an extension of the warranty, or something in writing stating that they stipulate to potential further repair coverage, should additional failures as a result of the induction service they performed.

if I were you, I would also call Ford corporate, or at least speak with a regional service manager, and advise them about what this dealer did, and see if you can get Ford to agree to either an extension of the warranty, or something in writing stating that they stipulate to potential further repair coverage, should additional failures as a result of the induction service they performed.

This has nothing to do with Ford - it's strictly between the dealer and the customer. Better to go directly to first the service mgr then the owner.

Posted (edited)

Thanks everybody for the input, I called the sevice manager and he says fuel induction service is 'dealer recommended' but that their rep told them its ok to do induction service on the ecoboost engine. He's gonna call me back, I'll post the result.

Edited by jadefa

It really doesn't matter who says it's ok - if it messes up the engine they need to fix it. I can pretty much guarantee if you ask Ford specifically whether it's ok to do exactly what they did Ford would say no. They don't even recommend using a cleaner on the throttle body.

Thanks everybody for the input, I called the sevice manager and he says fuel induction service is 'dealer recommended' but that their rep told them its ok to do induction service on the ecoboost engine. He's gonna call me back, I'll post the result.

So the manager called back and said carbon build-up is a problem for the E-B, so the dealer recommends fuel induction service for the engine. I told him it's worse to send chemicals or chunks of carbon into the turbos. He then said he is going to file a warranty with ford for the Fuel Pressure Reg & Vapor Management Valve R & R. He's going to call me back tomorrow & let me know how much they're going to cover, at this point I'm ready to contact corporate. Thanks everybody for setting me straight about the fuel induction scam.