Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  

Hello, new to the forums. I just purchased a 2014 Fusion SE 1.5 ecoboost and am thinking about installing a rif push to start/stop button into the car. I have two questions. 1, Does ford sell an entire kit for this? I can't seem to find one so I'm looking at aftermarket kits. 2, has anyone installed a kit like this in a 2013-2016 Fusion? And if so, any issues and or suggestions? I aplpologize in advance if this topic has been brought up, again, new to the forums.

You can't add the Ford system. Not sure about aftermarket. Why wouldn't you just buy one with it already?

I got a great deal on the car with the mileage I was looking for, just ended up not getting some of the options I wanted. Love the car though, and there is always the dealer and the aftermarket for some of the options I may want to add in the future.

Are you wanting to retain your Ford remote to open the doors and detection of an rfid tag to enable the start function?

Yes, I would want to keep the ford remote, and the ford alarm system. I've looked at kits that come with an rif tag to attach to the key fob, and I am willing to work with that. Maybe even see if I can place the rif tag into the fob, since the tag itself is relatively small. But I have read that I would have to keep the original fob close to the key cylinder because of the original chip in the fob. Not sure if that is true or not.

Get yourself a 3rd key and 'learn' it. You can then place it inside a bypass module.

That's an idea. Do you know how close the key has to be to the ignition for the chip to work?

Depends on whether the key head (chip) is within the circumference of the sensing coil or outside of the coil perimeter.

Have a non-chipped key cut and then try to start the vehicle with your chipped key placed (taped) in the area you are considering.

Thank you very much for the help, I'll keep you posted on what I end up doing.