• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Bret Cummins

Adding Sync to a Ford Fusion

I have a 2006 Ford Fusion that didn't have sync as an option. I was wondering if I could add it to my vehicle. I have a radio that supports sync because I replace the factory one with a new Ford navigation unit. I know I would need to add the sync module and an aux/USB port.

I have a 2006 Ford Fusion that didn't have sync as an option. I was wondering if I could add it to my vehicle. I have a radio that supports sync because I replace the factory one with a new Ford navigation unit. I know I would need to add the sync module and an aux/USB port.

If you can get the whole setup and all the modules cheap enough at a wrecking yard, it's a decent option. A TSM with full wiring diagrams will be needed to get everything working.

You may also want to consider an aftermarket nav unit and appropriate adapters for steering wheel controls and external microphone. This would give you much newer technology and OS.

I agree about getting a 3rd party nav unit.... Sync is not all that. The cost to add a Sync unit would be more than what your car is worth. You get a newer / better system with a 3rd party unit.

I also agree about going with a 3rd party solution. Sync is decent, but you can find some amazing aftermarket unites with some seriously cool features, which look better and do more, for less money than what you'd ultimately end up tying up retrofitting a Sync unit.