Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford Fusion Registry is live - more here.

Photo
- - - - -

knowledge

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dsub324

dsub324

New Fusion Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2017
  • Current Vehicle:fusion titanium hybrid
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hey akirby and waldo, who the hell do you think you are the owner of the internet? You have a lot of nerve telling people when they're topics over and when they're not besides, you are the one that is not open to new data or unwilling to have an intelligent discussion and who is incapable of it get your own house in order buddy you're not the owner of this forum and nobody has to answer to you this is why I never go on social media because of total Dudley Do-Right self-righteous jerks like you who think they know everything and know what's best for all of us you must have a lot of time on your hands I'm getting the road making hundreds of dollars. Why don't you try to fix yourself before you try to fix everyone else's problems? I am through with you jerks.. Please feel free to Talk Amongst yourselves I don't want to hear it

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,700 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Ruby Red

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

I'm the moderator so from your perspective that does make me the owner of the forum (along with the other moderators).  We decide what is appropriate to post or not.

I know what Waldo does professionally and if he says 44 psi is a problem then it's a problem.  The more air in the tire the less contact it will maintain with the road and that could be a problem in slippery conditions.  It could also cause uneven tire wear over time.

Changing the air filter does not affect fuel economy on a modern engine.  Regardless of how much air comes into the engine, the computer adjusts the amount of fuel accordingly using the MAF and O2 sensors.  More air = more power = more fuel.  Less air = less power = less fuel.   The air filter is not the most restrictive part of the intake - the throttle body is.  There is no difference between a free flowing filter at 50% throttle and a dirty or more restrictive filter at 60% throttle - the same amount of air enters the engine and the same amount of fuel is burned.    Oak Ridge National Laboratory did a controlled test and verified that the filter restriction makes no difference to MPG.  I'll be happy to go find the link if you want to read it.

We're not being jerks - we're giving you FACTS.   Facts that you don't seem to want to even consider.

Nobody is telling you what to do.   But you can't just make these types of claims and tell everyone else they should do it and that it works and is safe when we know that's not the case.

And you also can't attack moderators and other members.   If that's all you want to do then don't bother posting any more.

We're more than happy to have logical adult conversations on these issues but that requires you to be less defensive and a little more open-minded.

• timwil56 and WWWPerfA_ZN0W like this

#3 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,700 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Also - you're the one who came on the forum telling everyone what they should be doing, not us.

• jeff_h likes this

#4 ONLINE   eGuru

eGuru

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • My Fusion:2012
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

Obviously, the consensus is that you (dsub324) are presenting 'fake news'.

We have all had enough of that already.

Edited by eGuru, 17 May 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   dsub324

dsub324

New Fusion Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2017
  • Current Vehicle:fusion titanium hybrid

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

You guys are unbelievable you think you own this site believe me I'm not coming back here again who wont listen, just talk to people that listen to the other side of things I can prove what I'm saying I can literally prove to you with a dashboard photo what I'm saying is true and if you don't think that having a clean air filter doesn't help I just can't agree with that. So you can own this forum all by yourselves. I was only trying to help people and I was trying to do something for others you turn this into something ridiculous.
You boys have way too much time on your hands I'm 55 and I know about things. Unless you're buddies are all car experts that allow people to have their opinion which they can prove by the way so anybody that thinks this is fake news is foolish. Go pick on somebody else.
Anybody that tries what I said will find they can get results even you close minded goofy people who think they own the internet goodbye to you all I will never try to help anyone out here again because people like you don't want anybody else to get help except from people like you you can feel good about your little life you welcome believe these guys' crap if you want. I'm going to spend time with my family now face to face in the real world I suggest you all do the same you all have way too much time on your hands

#6 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,700 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Don't bother logging back in. 

• timwil56 and WWWPerfA_ZN0W like this

#7 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,448 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

Dude, try some decaf.

Believe me, you won't be missed.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#8 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium x 2

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

I'm not coming back here again

Somewhere a hallelujah chorus is playing.

• drolds1 and WWWPerfA_ZN0W like this

#9 ONLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Forum Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

What was that all about? I skipped checking here for a day and missed it.

I'm not a big internet forum guy but I've always thought this was a very professional forum.

Edited by lolder, 18 May 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Fusion Forum Fanatic

• 6,700 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

What was that all about? I skipped checking here for a day and missed it.

I'm not a big internet forum guy but I've always thought this was a very professional forum.

Short version:

"Hey you guys should all run 44 psi in your FFHs.   50 is dangerous but 44 is perfectly safe.   And I put in a K&N filter and I got a 5 MPG increase!"

"Air filters don't affect MPG based on this scientific controlled test and running 44 psi can be bad especially in low grip situations and potentially can lead to uneven tire wear."

"You guys are idiots.  I know everything (except how to have a civil, logical and adult conversation on an internet forum).   You don't own this forum or decide what gets posted."

"Yes we do.   See ya."

#11 OFFLINE   sirtanon

sirtanon

Advanced Member

• Fusion Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion SE

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

It is.  He wasn't.

Some people just can't be reasoned with.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·