What's New:
• How to tag someone in a post - more here.
• Create custom forum activity streams - more here.
• Change the forum view - more here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
jluke

"check accutrac system" warning

Today, this warning showed up on the dash of my 2010 Lincoln Mkz. Warning lights for the brakes and antiskid are also on. Brakes work fine, plenty of brake fluid, no codes thrown. I am posting there as the mkz is basically a dooded up Fusion, and there are few do it yourselfers on the Lincoln site. At first, engaging and disengaging the parking brake cleared the readout, but now the notice comes on after driving a short distance. Any ideas, or time to go the the dealor?

See my reply on the MKZ forum. Check your battery.

thanks, battery is a year old, but just checked the voltage, 12.5, which is a little low. Thanking that cracked copper multiconnector is not allowing the battery to fully charge. Have a charger on it now, when it.s up to 13 or more, I will test drive it and let you know the outcome

fingers crossed, charged to battery to 100%, drove around the block, no lights. I will find out later today when my wife drives around town, but I will pick up a new connector and install it. Will advise if I have more problems. Thanks Droid!

You can't go by voltage. Get a Solar tester to check the cranking amps.

If the problem returns and isn't the battery then it could be a wheel speed sensor or wiring. You'll need to get the dealer to read the codes to see which wheel. Check for a damaged wire - that has been reported more than once.

Dealer diagnosed it as a bad brake module. $600 parts, $150 diagnosis, $300 to install and reprogram? Bummer.