What's New:
• How to tag someone in a post - more here.
• Create custom forum activity streams - more here.
• Change the forum view - more here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Yuke

TPMS on 2010 fusion

Hello everyone I just purchased a 2010 fusion and there is a constant light on dash. I have checked all the tires put them about 34 psi. and light is still on. How can I reset the system? I have read that with a strong magnet going around to each wheel that will reset the system after turning the key off and on numerous times to get it in that mode whole process should take less then 5 min. I got mine in the mode went to front drivers wheel it took about 80 sec. and the horn beeped twice where I think it should have chirped ounce well when I went to each wheel after there was nothing so question is is maybe one of the sensors on rim bad if so how do I determine which one and why did the horn beep twice at 1st wheel when I think it should have chirped ounce according to you tube video. I had a strong magnet pencil type but not the round type shown in video so how do I get this light off what am I doing wrong?

If this even works, your magnet probably isn't strong enough. More importantly, the life expectancy of the batteries in the TPMS sensors is 5-7 years. Since the car is a 2010, it's highly likely that one or more sensor batteries is dead or dying.

Post moved to Wheel & Tires forum by moderator.

If this even works, your magnet probably isn't strong enough. More importantly, the life expectancy of the batteries in the TPMS sensors is 5-7 years. Since the car is a 2010, it's highly likely that one or more sensor batteries is dead or dying.

Hello again I am becoming more acquainted with the tpms system in cars after 2008 I have come to the conclusion this is just a big $$$ maker for car makers and parts people and mechanics. It is a bunch of b.s. I have driven cars for 45 yrs. and have learned how to spot a low air tire with a quick glance. I have learned that you need special scanners and tools to fix these problems so I went out and bought an Autel TS401 scanner for a cost of approx. $140. I probably have a bad 3 volt battery in one or more of the sensors. Would be nice if I could just pop the sensor open and replace battery but I will not be able to do that I do not think as they are sealed and not made to be taken apart. So will probably have to find lowest cost sensor available which I heard tire discounters might have some for as little as $12/piece I will have to check into this further and let everyone know final outcome.