Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Choose your Ford Fusion Social Group!

Posted Image

Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get your Fusion Registered at the official Ford Authorized Registry here!

Photo
- - - - -

TPMS on 2010 fusion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Yuke

Yuke

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion
  • Social Group: myfusion

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

Hello everyone I just purchased a 2010 fusion and there is a constant light on dash. I have checked all the tires put them about 34 psi. and light is still on. How can I reset the system? I have read that with a strong magnet going around to each wheel that will reset the system after turning the key off and on numerous times to get it in that mode whole process should take less then 5 min. I got mine in the mode went to front drivers wheel it took about 80 sec. and the horn beeped twice where I think it should have chirped ounce well when I went to each wheel after there was nothing so question is is maybe one of the sensors on rim bad if so how do I determine which one and why did the horn beep twice at 1st wheel when I think it should have chirped ounce according to you tube video. I had a strong magnet pencil type but not the round type shown in video so how do I get this light off what am I doing wrong?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,521 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:Decline

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

If this even works, your magnet probably isn't strong enough.  More importantly,  the life expectancy of the batteries in the TPMS sensors is 5-7 years.  Since the car is a 2010, it's highly likely that one or more sensor batteries is dead or dying.

#3 OFFLINE   drolds1

drolds1

Fusion Forum Enthusiast

• 2,521 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Fusion:Decline

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Post moved to Wheel & Tires forum by moderator.

If this even works, your magnet probably isn't strong enough.  More importantly,  the life expectancy of the batteries in the TPMS sensors is 5-7 years.  Since the car is a 2010, it's highly likely that one or more sensor batteries is dead or dying.

#4 OFFLINE   Yuke

Yuke

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Fusion:2010
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

Hello again I am becoming more acquainted with the tpms system in cars after 2008 I have come to the conclusion this is just a big $$$ maker for car makers and parts people and mechanics. It is a bunch of b.s. I have driven cars for 45 yrs. and have learned how to spot a low air tire with a quick glance. I have learned that you need special scanners and tools to fix these problems so I went out and bought an Autel TS401 scanner for a cost of approx. $140. I probably have a bad 3 volt battery in one or more of the sensors. Would be nice if I could just pop the sensor open and replace battery but I will not be able to do that I do not think as they are sealed and not made to be taken apart. So will probably have to find lowest cost sensor available which I heard tire discounters might have some for as little as $12/piece I will have to check into this further and let everyone know final outcome. 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·