• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Backstrum19

2013 Ford Fusion SE - A/C just went cool to warm and now only blows warm air

I recentley purchased a 2013 Ford Fusion SE with 68K and I now have 78K I noticed that my AC started to not cool as usual, after many days the ac system just blows warm air, Its holding freon, no leaks, but I noticed that the AC coil doesnt even engage, I pulled the fuses in the engine compartment for the AC Clutch, teh 10 amp fuse was fine, the other square plug fuse I removed and took a paperclip to override the relay, Guess What, The AC clutch spun, BUT, the ac was still blowing warm air.... Now I am confused as to what my issue may be, The trim door that switches cold to hot works fine becaus ehot is Super Hot and cold is warm, So I know its somethng with the AC, I did notice that my exterior temperature guage on my sync system always says 50F, which is the wrong temp. Could this be the issue?? At the end of the day, I dont think the compresor clutch was kicking on when I turned on my AC and it just blows Warm air.

Probably a pressure switch. It will cost $30-$40 to DIY & find out if that's the fix. If it isn't the fix, reinstall the original switch. The symptoms you posted (except for the exterior temp gauge because it didn't have one) match those I had on a Chevrolet, thus my recommendation.

Since over-riding the ac relay caused the clutch to engage but did not result in cooling, the issue is not related to electrical components (switches/sensors/controllers).

There is likely a mechanical internal problem that would require an ac technician's involvement.