• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
DrTarr

Questions regarding models with Driver Assist

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the market for a fusion and specifically have questions regarding the car's driver assist technologies. I'm looking at a lot of them online and I feel like it's not easy to tell what models have the driver assist package as most online retailers (say, carvanna or carmax) aren't consistent as far as documenting the features. For example, I've seen several that have lane keep listed but not the driver assist package, which I assume they always go together? Same goes for adaptive cruise, I've never seen one even listed but I know it's a feature, so a few questions...

1. Which years and models (S, SE, Ti, etc.) came with the driver assist package?
  2. Whats included in the driver assist package? Are both Lane Keep and Adaptive Cruise included?
  3. Does the adaptive cruise work all the way to a complete stop? I drove a XC70 Volvo in Germany a few years back and thought it's adaptive cruise was the best thing ever, but I drove a new Camry with it and thought it was a sham it didn't work below 35 mph
  4. Is there a way I can tell by photos (buttons on steering column) or VIN if a car is equipped with the driver assist package, lane keep, or adaptive cruise?

Anyways, thanks for the help! Unfortunately I travel for work and am only looking at cars online and don't really trust sales people that don't even understand the packages. Really, I want a Fusion or MKZ exclusively for these features so I can't risk buying one with out!

Thanks

On the 2016 SE 2.0 EB, Lane Keeping Assist comes under the Package Option 90A Luxury Driver Assist Package. The Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning and Brake Support falls under Option 53B. Both do not necessarily come together.

On the 2016 SE 2.0 EB, Lane Keeping Assist comes under the Package Option 90A Luxury Driver Assist Package. The Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning and Brake Support falls under Option 53B. Both do not necessarily come together.

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for, I was assuming 53B was included in 90A, but turns out that's not a safe assumption. I've seen a 'Driver Assist' package, I assume that's the same as 'Luxury Driver Assist'? Also, does the adaptive cruise work to a stop? Thanks!

Also, where can I find the list of packages? Is there a way to check it by VIN?

Posted (edited)

On page 19 in the 2013 brochure:

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Fusion&year=2013&postalCode=20886

It does list Luxury Driver Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control as separate options, however it doesn't give the option # for them and the list doesn't seem complete.

------

Actually, this site has a nice chart:

http://www.jimhayesinc.com/cms.cfm?fuseaction=research.viewModel&makeText=2013_Ford_Fusion&modelid=25457&makeId=13&year=2013&pageId=5144&internalAction=Options

Which is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, although it doesn't quite make sense. It makes it look like only the SE model has the Luxury Driver Assist option? Is that only because it's on all Titanium models? It also shows the SE Hybrid as the only model with active park assist, which requires the Luxury Driver Assist package shown only for the SE.

Edited by DrTarr

You can get all the order guides with the detailed option specs here:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/category/22-fusion/

You may have to join to download them.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

So what I gather from that, is all '202A' package 2013 Fusion SE's had the driver assist package (lane keep assist), active park assist, adaptive cruise, and technology option/packages? In which case how could i verify this car:

http://www.haggertyford.com/2017-ford-fusion-se-202a-ecoboost-v4474051.html

Was a 202A with those packages? None of those features are listed, is there a way to check by VIN?

202A (SE) does not include any of those features. They are in stand alone packages so ETIS would be the only way to check unless you can see the window sticker.

If you use ETIS, it may show 'Ford Transit' at the top. Ignore that.

In answer to your question, the adaptive cruise control did not have the ability to come to a full stop until the 2017 MY.

Thanks for all the feedback guys...

Sounds like ETIS is what I've been looking for, so I've tested it with this car:

https://www.carvana.com/search/2000068806/2015-ford-fusion-titanium

VIN: 3FA6P0K99FR222357

Looks like I'll need a little bit of a translator to figure it out. There's about 10 lines regarding the ashtray configuration but somehow the backup camera and technology package don't make the list. There is, however, a 'Human Machine Interface 5', which I assume is the LCD screen in the technology package. Also, no mention of adaptive cruise control or parking assist. Are they that rare of an option? So far I've looked at 20 cars online and never seen one with adaptive cruise, maybe 1 or 2 with parking 'sensors', but not necessarily the active park assist.

Also, a lot of options are listed as 'less', I assuming meaning that it does not have that feature? For example, it has less roadsign recognition and audible speed limit warning. I guess that must only be included in the titanium luxury driver assist package? Tricky.

One last question - can anybody tell me if there's simply some buttons on the steering wheel/dash that I should look for in photos as giveways that the car has these features? Thanks!

With ETIS you go by features not packages. E.g. the adaptive cruise is listed as such:

• With Speed Control
  • Less Spd Control Distance Sensing

So you'd want one that ways With Spd Control Distance Sensing.

I was about to point out that if you have the adaptive cruise you have extra buttons on the steering wheel to adjust the distance. It is 2 sets of arrows on the left side next to the cruise control. Here is an example:

2015-Ford-Fusion-Energi-dash.jpg

@akirby,

Thanks, thats the kinda thing I was looking for! I spot checked a bunch online and instead they all have a 'resume' and 'cancel' button instead of the arrows. I guess it's not that common of a feature?

You wouldn't happen to know if there's any similar tells for the lane keep and active park assists? I think the technology package / backup camera is a given if I see an LCD display in the console.

Lane keep has a button on the end of the turn signal (left stalk) but that might be difficult to see in pictures.

Park assist usually has a big P button somewhere on the dash/console.

Also, a lot of options are listed as 'less', I assuming meaning that it does not have that feature? For example, it has less roadsign recognition and audible speed limit warning. I guess that must only be included in the titanium luxury driver assist package? Tricky.

Yes, 'less' means it isn't included on that vehicle and no, that feature is not included in the Titanium or any other car for sale in the U.S. It's only available in Europe and other countries that are signatory to the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals and use standardized traffic signs per the treaty. The U.S. doesn't use these types of signs. ETIS is a European site. That's why you're seeing that.

How Ford road sign recognition works.

Yes, 'less' means it isn't included on that vehicle and no, that feature is not included in the Titanium or any other car for sale in the U.S. It's only available in Europe and other countries that are signatory to the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals and use standardized traffic signs per the treaty. The U.S. doesn't use these types of signs. ETIS is a European site. That's why you're seeing that.

Ah, that makes so much sense.

My first introduction to driver assist stuff was in 2013 I was in Germany for 3 months and got a brand new Volvo XC70 wagon diesel loaded with everything and was blown away. My first day driving it I didn't even know any of the stuff existed, in fact the adaptive cruise kicked in and I thought 'what is happening?'. It had road sign recognition as well and the adaptive cruise worked all the way to a stop. Really impressive system, and crazy thing is I worked in the automotive active safety branch of Bosch and didn't even know about this stuff.

Anyways, very helpful info guys, this is what I've needed. I'll be keeping an eye on Carvana, Carmax, autotrader, etc., looking for an SE decked out with all the options, but it sound like it might take awhile. Thanks for the help.

It is too bad that the US is unwilling to follow global standards so that these features can be available in NA and we don't have to be almost the last market place to see new technologies.

It is too bad that the US is unwilling to follow global standards so that these features can be available in NA and we don't have to be almost the last market place to see new technologies.

Especially when it comes to lighting.