• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

justin.jacobwsu

2015 Ford Fusion Key Turned Delayed Start

Hello, 

im new to this forum so please excuse my non-complete profile. Anyway, I just bought a used 2015 Ford Fusion SE with 31,000 miles. I have had no issues so far, but just today I put the key in the ignition turned it over and it didn't start right away. I let go for about three seconds and it started up after turning the key. It happened twice in one day, but every time I turn the car off and then start it back up it is fine in succession. I hope it's not the fuel pump or something costly. 

I just recently got the car on September 7th, at a certified Ford Dealer, and I'm concerned that there is something wrong already. Please someone end my madness! 

Are you holding the key in the start position for longer than 1 second before releasing it?

Yes, I was starting it just like normal. Holding the key in there for like 3 seconds or so, which normally the car begins to turn over then. But it wasn't then. 

Just to be sure - you are saying that on the first start attempt, the engine doesn't even turn-over within the first 3 seconds while you have the key in the start position.

When you then release the key from start position and then turn key back to start position, it starts up normally?