• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

I currently have a 2013 Ford Fusion and the outside temperature reads 50°. -39 and I replaced ambient air temperature sensor today and it is still not working it could be a wiring problem?

Thanks

You mean that it fluctuates between 50 and -39? It could be a corroded connector or broken wire. Was the vehicle involved in a collision?

2 hours ago, Sade said:

I currently have a 2013 Ford Fusion and the outside temperature reads 50°. -39 and I replaced ambient air temperature sensor today and it is still not working it could be a wiring problem?

Thanks

Yes almost a year ago on the passenger side and a code came up as ambient air temperature sensor high circuit. What does it usually cost to the wires repaired?

Thanks

Sade

13 minutes ago, Sade said:

Yes almost a year ago on the passenger side and a code came up as ambient air temperature sensor high circuit. What does it usually cost to the wires repaired?

Thanks

Sade

The wiring for the ambient sensor runs along the passenger side. Since you seem handy, you could take a crack at repairing the wiring yourself and save yourself some cash. If you have an ohmmeter, you should be able to find the location of the open circuit easily. Actually, a close visual inspection would probably be all that is required.

So I just take it to any car repair shop and does it have to be a wiring electrical shop?

You could take it to a Ford dealer or a service shop specializing in car electrical repairs.

I would avoid the muffler/brake/tire specialty shops.