• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

11sport94

Another audio question.

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I have a 2011 sport 3.5L. I have a sub and amp I'm wanting to hook up, but I don't want to go aftermarket on the head unit. I am not extremely good with audio, but I am decent at wiring. Was just curious what I would need to wire the amp and subs to my factory radio? Wouldn't mind losing steering wheel controls if I had too. Unsure of what the SYNC really is, don't know if I've ever used it. I only use the aux on my phone. Lol. Thanks a lot! 

12 hours ago, 11sport94 said:

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I have a 2011 sport 3.5L. I have a sub and amp I'm wanting to hook up, but I don't want to go aftermarket on the head unit. I am not extremely good with audio, but I am decent at wiring. Was just curious what I would need to wire the amp and subs to my factory radio? Wouldn't mind losing steering wheel controls if I had too. Unsure of what the SYNC really is, don't know if I've ever used it. I only use the aux on my phone. Lol. Thanks a lot! 

If your amp can handle high level inputs from the speakers, you are all set. Otherwise you just need an inexpensive line level converter to tie onto the speaker outputs from the factory radio and convert them to low level outputs.