Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Rochev

Indecisive over 2014 Hybrid SE or Camry Hybrid

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

It's between a 2014 Camry XLE Hybrid and a 2014 Fusion SE Hybrid.

IMO, the Camry is hideous and boring! It looks like it's from 2005. Both cars are far away, and even further apart so I can't test drive both.

Both are similar in mileage and price. The Camry has JBL audio and navigation, the Fusion has neither. The Camry is QUICK for a hybrid, the fusion is not.

Both get similar MPG as well, and the Camry has a much bigger fuel tank.

So I'm pretty indecisive on both. However, based largely on looks inside and out, I'm leaning towards the Fusion.

My concerns are it's reliability. We can't argue Toyota's reliability and worry free driving. My 2009 and 2011 Escape are both rotten vehicles. 

Coming from a 2004 Taurus that had 250k miles and no issues, the Escapes I have are unreliable, and FULL of recalls and out of pocket TSB's.

Researching the Fusion, the reliability like my Escapes seems very spotty, full of recalls and TSBs.

Am I just paranoid? How reliable are your Fusion hybrids? I drive about 30k miles a year.

Thanks!

Edited by Rochev

All I can add it that I bought the first level Fusion Hybrid in 2009, when they first came out with it, and after 8 years it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned.  I have spent about $100 on non-maintenance repairs, one O2 sensor that I installed myself based on the engine light code ($72), and a new drivers inside door handle ($22) that I installed.  I'm glad I didn't spend $1800 for the 100K mile warranty, because it now has 133K miles on it.  I do have navigation, which is nice.   My fuel tank is specified at 17 gallons, but I usually fill up at about 15 gallons down.  Which gives me about a 600 mile range.  

12 years ago I bought my Daugher a 2005 Escape, and it did have a lot of issues.  I had much fewer issues on our 2000 Explorer, that lasted 10 years and 190K miles. 

The 2010-12's are bulletproof. The 2013+ are a completely different car and the 2013-14 and some 15's have transmission problems. Unless the transmission has been replaced or repaired, I wouldn't touch a 2013-14. Early 2013's had AC duct mold due to an improperly designed duct.

It's been a while but I decided to go with a one owner 2011 with every option available. It has 90k miles and is like new.

I'm glad I didn't shell out 20k for a 2015 Camry. It was so outdated it still had a floor parking brake.