Jump to content

Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

  • Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

    To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

  • Custom Search


VanWilder

2013 Ford Fusion SE 1.6L Ecoboost

Recommended Posts

I've got my 2013 Ford Fusion SE with the 1.6L ecoboost for sale. It is black in color and currently has 48,000 miles on it. I have done a few things to it to dress it up and make it sportier. I've lowered it on H&R Springs (7/8" drop), has black 18's with a polished lip, tinted tail lights, 20% tint all around, blacked out Ford emblems, blacked out grill, LED headlights (6500k), and Hancook tires with approximately 80% tread depth left. This has been a great car and it has a great look to it. This car does however have a Prior Salvage title meaning it was once salvaged due to being in a wreck. It was hit in the front at around 14,000 miles (purely cosmetic). I bought it in this condition and rebuilt it. It now has a Highway Title approved by the Highway Patrol. I've drove it as my personal vehicle since then. So I've put roughly 34,000 miles on it and have not had any issues. This car books at around $14,500 and I am only asking $10,500 obo. This would make someone a great car. Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

20150716_172744.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but they don't total a relatively new $25K+ car for cosmetic damage.   What was damaged and what was actually replaced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, akirby said:

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but they don't total a relatively new $25K+ car for cosmetic damage.   What was damaged and what was actually replaced?

Ummm yes they do and did lol I've seen cars with less damage than this one had salvaged. All that was replaced on this car was the hood, bumper, grill, radiator support, intercooler, and driver airbag. Car had no frame damage whatsoever and only had 14000 miles as I stated. Didn't have to replace the fenders or lights either. I know it's hard to imagine a car with cosmetic damage only being salvaged but it happens all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tells me the insurance company thought there was a lot more damage and other parts that should have been replaced but weren't.  Either way you've disclosed it so the buyer knows and can assume the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, akirby said:

That tells me the insurance company thought there was a lot more damage and other parts that should have been replaced but weren't.  Either way you've disclosed it so the buyer knows and can assume the risk.

Sure I suppose...but there is no risk at all. When these vehicles are rebuilt they have to be thoroughly inspected and approved by the Missouri State Highway Patrol to be in as good or better condition than a vehicle of that year, make, and model with that mileage before they will will issue a Highway Title. I will assure you that everything was replaced and rebuilt that was damaged. As stated in my original post this has been my personal car for the last 34,000 miles and I have had absolutely no issues with it at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is always some risk when buying a salvaged title but having it inspected makes it much less of a risk.  I'm not interested in buying it - just wanted to make sure all the facts were disclosed here.  I'll actually be selling my 2013 Titanium in a few months to get a new F150.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, akirby said:

There is always some risk when buying a salvaged title but having it inspected makes it much less of a risk.  I'm not interested in buying it - just wanted to make sure all the facts were disclosed here.  I'll actually be selling my 2013 Titanium in a few months to get a new F150.

And I understand that but my car does not have a Salvage Title. It has a Prior Salvage Title. They are very different. A Prior Salvage Title is a Highway Title...a Salvage is not. Just wanting to clarify that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand, but it was still totaled and repaired even if it was later inspected and cleared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2017 at 8:13 AM, VanWilder said:

I've got my 2013 Ford Fusion SE with the 1.6L ecoboost for sale. It is black in color and currently has 48,000 miles on it. I have done a few things to it to dress it up and make it sportier. I've lowered it on H&R Springs (7/8" drop), has black 18's with a polished lip, tinted tail lights, 20% tint all around, blacked out Ford emblems, blacked out grill, LED headlights (6500k), and Hancook tires with approximately 80% tread depth left. This has been a great car and it has a great look to it. This car does however have a Prior Salvage title meaning it was once salvaged due to being in a wreck. It was hit in the front at around 14,000 miles (purely cosmetic). I bought it in this condition and rebuilt it. It now has a Highway Title approved by the Highway Patrol. I've drove it as my personal vehicle since then. So I've put roughly 34,000 miles on it and have not had any issues. This car books at around $14,500 and I am only asking $10,500 obo. This would make someone a great car. Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

20150716_172744.jpg

 

My 2014 Fusion looks similar.  Dark Side blue and black wheels. Did the bright wheel rims come with the wheels or can u get aftermarket?

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×