Have a Fusion Sport?  Check out the Ford Fusion Sport Forum here.

• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
SargeWalk

Radio doesn’t work after being jumped off

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion that recently had a dead battery and required a jump. Since being jumped my radio does not work, all it shows is the words “Ford Fusion” in the display. 

I have called Ford and Ford dealerships asking about what to do. They have all told me different things. I’ve been told that their are no reset codes for the radio, I was Also told to take it to dealership so they can run diag on it ( but I’m pretty poor and can’t afford the $90 minimum they want to charge), I’ve also read and reread the owners Manuel, and looked online but, have found no answers.

but, I did talk to a dealership mechanic yesterday evening that told me to disconnect battery cables, touch cables together, and leave them unhooked for at least 30 min and that should do the trick. In which I plan on trying that this morning.

But, I’m just curious if anyone else has had a problem like this one and what did they do to fix it? And also if anyone tried unhooking cables and touching them together and if that fixed it or not...

thank you in advance for ur input...

Disconnecting the battery will reset the PCM, and that simple effort can reset all sorts of electrical issues.  Leave the cables disconnected for a while, reconnecting the battery too quickly will not do a full reset and may not correct your radio issue.

I see no reason to "touch the cables together".  Agree, about disconnecting cables and let sit for awhile to let everything reset.

Pull the fuse for the radio and wait a couple of minutes, then replace it and see if that does it.