• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
kennycoulter

side view mirror auto dim

I had to have some bodywork done on  my car.   I got a slight discount on the work, so they washed their hands of responding to any problems.....   I got the vehicle back, and the auto-dimmer on my driver's side view mirror no longer auto-dims.

I found a pdf for service and removal of the door panel...... but I don't think that the shop had to remove the door panel to mess with the mirror.  is there a quick and/or easy way to check if this can be corrected?  

Are ALL side view HEATED mirrors also auto-dimming?  I do not remember them asking me about auto-dimming during the insurance quote.

Heated mirrors without auto-dim were standard on the SE.  The Titanium or SE with Luxury Package (205A) added auto-dim. 

Check the mirror harness for bent pins.   Also, is your inside RV auto-dim working?

yes, the interior rear view mirror is auto dimming, and it seems that the right hand side exterior mirror cuts down the glare (looks dark).

As of today, it seems that the defrost also doesn't work anymore on that mirror......

Was that door involved in the bodywork? 

If the inside mirror is dimming and just the one isn't heating, I'd check the wiring to the DS mirror.  Take the panel off and check for voltage (and bent pins)at the connector,

Yes, the body shop replaced it with what I think was a used unit (mirror glass looked brand new though).

The defrost on that mirror also stopped working.   I emailed the body shop again and they are going to be replacing it with a different unit.

Thanks for the help.   All of the electronics on this car have me a little worried to work on it, when the miles rack up higher, and the repairs become larger.