Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fusion Team!

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Team - the home of the Ford Fusion Team!

Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic, reply to a topic, post photos and more. Registration is free, simple and takes only a few minutes. 

By becoming a member, you'll be able to:

• Choose your own social group icon
• Start new topics and reply to posts
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Create your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create a photo album and upload your own photos. . more!

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Throttle Control/ Transmission Light

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ericschramm2000

ericschramm2000

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:31 AM

Hi all,

I've got a 2006 Fusion V6 SEL and have had some trouble with the Throttle Control/ Transmission warning light coming on. I've owned the vehicle for almost a year now and it has happened twice within the past couple of months. I've been crusing at realativly high speeds (about 50 mph) and slowed to pull into a parking lot. When I almost come to a stop the light clicks on and the engine starts to bogging down. I've watched the tach and the rpms are bobbing up and down around 400-800 or so. While it's happening I've put it in neutral and park and it continues, but after shutting down and restarting the light is gone and everything appears to be fine. Both times it has happened during or after wet conditions - the first time I had washed it about 20 minutes prior in an auto-carwash and the second time it was raining pretty heavy outside. The only other thing to add is I had a Sirius satellite radio installed a couples weeks before it happened, but I can't imagine that would have anything to do with it.

I'm taking it to the dealer so that hopefully they can diagnose it, but I was hoping someone here could answer my question ahead of time. My dealer isn't the most helpful when it comes to service....

Thanks!
Eric

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ericschramm2000

ericschramm2000

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

crickets crickets...

We'll My appointment at the dealership is today so I guess I'll post an update when I find out the problem. My guess is either the mass air flow sensor or the throttle position sensor, but we'll find out.

Eric

#3 Guest_urnews_*

Guest_urnews_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:10 PM

Hi all,

I've got a 2006 Fusion V6 SEL and have had some trouble with the Throttle Control/ Transmission warning light coming on. I've owned the vehicle for almost a year now and it has happened twice within the past couple of months. I've been crusing at realativly high speeds (about 50 mph) and slowed to pull into a parking lot. When I almost come to a stop the light clicks on and the engine starts to bogging down. I've watched the tach and the rpms are bobbing up and down around 400-800 or so. While it's happening I've put it in neutral and park and it continues, but after shutting down and restarting the light is gone and everything appears to be fine. Both times it has happened during or after wet conditions - the first time I had washed it about 20 minutes prior in an auto-carwash and the second time it was raining pretty heavy outside. The only other thing to add is I had a Sirius satellite radio installed a couples weeks before it happened, but I can't imagine that would have anything to do with it.

I'm taking it to the dealer so that hopefully they can diagnose it, but I was hoping someone here could answer my question ahead of time. My dealer isn't the most helpful when it comes to service....

Thanks!
Eric

Be sure and let us know what caused the problem and what the remedy was.

Boz in Salisbury, MD

#4 OFFLINE   socalocfusion

socalocfusion

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:10 PM

Has anyone had the check charging light come on? I had the same situation on my 06 I4. After I come to a stop to turn after driving the light comes and the engine turned off. It was at the night so all the electricals stayed on.

#5 OFFLINE   ericschramm2000

ericschramm2000

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:14 PM

So I haven't picked it back up from the dealer yet to verify, but they told me over the phone that through their diagnostics system they found that there was an electrical problem in the drive by wire system. So, they're replacing the defective parts and also running an update on the powertrain control module.

Hopefully that does it.

Eric

#6 OFFLINE   urnews

urnews

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:2007 Fusion V6 SEL AWD<br />Oxford White/Dark Charcoal<br />Moon roof, heated leather<br />$27,105 MSRP

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

So I haven't picked it back up from the dealer yet to verify, but they told me over the phone that through their diagnostics system they found that there was an electrical problem in the drive by wire system. So, they're replacing the defective parts and also running an update on the powertrain control module.

Hopefully that does it.

Eric

Eric,
You seem to have disappeared from the forum, leaving us to twist in the wind. Did they fix the car to your satisfaction? Is everything OK now? Boz, just curious in Salisbury, MD

#7 OFFLINE   wgervais2

wgervais2

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:58 AM

Eric,
You seem to have disappeared from the forum, leaving us to twist in the wind. Did they fix the car to your satisfaction? Is everything OK now? Boz, just curious in Salisbury, MD

had to reset my PCM yesterday, cause of throttle issues the wrench warning lite coming on as well as check engine lite,oh and fuel consumption like you wouldn't believe...started right after a good car wash......easiest way with no tools on hand...open fuse boxs next to engine pull mini fuse's 42 and 44 try to start the car ...rest all errors... turn key back to the off position....put back fuse's ......top off the gas tank .. this will rest and allow the tran and pcm to relearn and adjust to your driving style.....and fix those stupid issues....

happy pulling

#8 OFFLINE   cachefusion

cachefusion

New Fusion Member

• Fusion Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

I just bought a 2006 Fusion SE v6, yesterday. Last night I encountered this exact same problem. Please let me know what caused this problem and how did they fix it?

thank you
Jason

Hi all,

Thanks!
Eric