• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

LFSoccer2k6

Color Matched Grille and Black Emblem Installed...PIC HEAVY

So I finally got the grille color matched and installed as well as my custom black emblem. I had a buddy who does custom fabrication do this because he is awesome at what he does and will make it last! PM me if you want his info for any type of work as he can do a lot of amazing things. This also has the custom black emblem installed as well to complete the look...I LOVE IT!!!!

Before

80f2f008.jpg

Grill Removed

488e2ebe.jpg

After Far

db18e324.jpg

After Close

a1dfa898.jpg

Build Pics from my Buddy

b1926b03.jpg

08e1cb79.jpg

dee23868.jpg

d5250754.jpg

538bc0ff.jpg

2dae914a.jpg

439ab63f.jpg

e0d822f2.jpg

1b2b9ead.jpg

Here are a few more pics after I took the bumper off today and secured all 3 grille parts and them emblem:

05dfe9e9.jpg

cfb06ab4.jpg

looks great! a big improvement over stock. id have your friend hit the little bit of chrome on the lower section. as it sticks out now with the rest all paint matched.

looks great! a big improvement over stock. id have your friend hit the little bit of chrome on the lower section. as it sticks out now with the rest all paint matched.

I am actually gonna leave small chrome accents all over the car. The headlights play well of the chrome trim on the front and then a small part of the windows have that chrome strip and the rear has a few chrome accents. There is just not any major chrome accent anymore with the grille painted.

Wish you guys were in Ohio, I've been wanting to paint my front grille black to offset the dumb stock chrome look. I might have to man up and do it myself I guess.

I shipped it to him as he is in Florida.

nice nice mod. where did you get the black emblem?

I see that you replaced your license plate too.

nice nice mod. where did you get the black emblem?

I got them from a seller on eBay.

I see that you replaced your license plate too.

Yea the plates I originally had were actually the guys who I bought the car from. When he gave me the lien release I gave him the plates back. Then I put on my actual plates and frames (which the front one does not work well for a frame, still yet to mess with it).

Was it a pain to find the paint? I have the same one and I want to do the same thing. Too much chrome for my liking.....

Was it a pain to find the paint? I have the same one and I want to do the same thing. Too much chrome for my liking.....

Nope...I have my buddy the paint code and he went to his paint store he uses and got it no problem.

Here are a few more pics after I took the bumper off today and secured all 3 grille parts and them emblem:

05dfe9e9.jpg

cfb06ab4.jpg

looks great!! i got white emblems to match my sport as well.

Is that an entire new emblem or is it just a vinyl/gel overlay?

It's entire new emblem.

Just put the front and back ones on my car. They worked pretty good. back one needed tiny bit of modification

IMG-20130105-00157_zpsa40fd675.jpg

IMG-20130105-00160_zps9ca93dfb.jpg

Wow...glad someone dug up this thread. That looks really clean.

I wonder how mine would look paint matched silver. The chrome grille is going to get really discolored and flaky one day soon...I know I've got to do something with it, short of replacing it that is.

That is nice, I've been looking for something like this so I can get rid of the big chrome smiley face. With black halos I'm going to get on my 06 this is going to look nice

Do you remember how much the paint cost? Was it easy to take the grille off?

Looks pretty good. My car is charcoal grey and I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

Best looking Fusion front end I've seen! Awesome!

Wow that looks great! Only thing tho is.. the grille doesn't seem to color match? I'm not sure if it's just the angle or what?

I love the overlay. I may have to order a silver set for my fusion..

Very Nice!

Finally found a factory painted grille in Red Candy Metallic.
Personally I liked this setup the best.
I saw a picture of a Fusion at the Ford engineering test track in Dearborn, MI with this same grille.
I'm keeping the painted middle grille for safe keeping in case I'd like to change the grille again.
Haven't seen another Fusion with this grille yet!!

Grille Change on the Sport

When I saw the thread title, I didn't think I'd like it, but it looks WAY better than stock. Very nice look.

That middle chrome grill looks good but it's a shame that it's off by a tad. Be sweet looking if it lined up with the turn signals.