• Welcome to the Ford Fusion Forum

To enjoy the Ford Fusion Forum's content, please click here to create an account.

• Custom Search

pronkie1

2013 Fusion SE recirculate switch switches off while driving....

Have a 2013 Fusion SE 2.5 NA , just over two months now with 4800 miles....The bottom switch that keeps outside air from coming in switches off while driving, allowing outside air to come in....Whether I hit a sharp bump or going thru a sharp turn the switch will switch off and I'll notice outside air coming in...Anyone else have this problem? The dealer fixed it two weeks ago and put a new switch but now its starting to do it again....Just wondering if any other owners have this problem......

Edited by pronkie1

Seems like I'm the only one with this problem.....This occurs with only the vents set at the face and below to the legs.....If I turn the face button off , its turns off the recirculate button also....So I got to turn the recirculate button back on to prevent outside air from coming in...Its getting annoying....When I take it in for its first oil change I'll have them look at it......

Let us know what what you hear from the dealer. I haven't had this issue.

Edited by dwmilton

Had the oil changed last week.....This problem has settled down as it doesn't do it anymore........But now a buzzing noise is coming from under the dash......If you switch off the a/c and heating the buzzing goes away....I showed this to the service writer and I guess since I switched off the system in front of him the problem is fixed.....Go figure......

To update this....I put the control panel on both vents and bi level and it works fine...Since I always run the a/c that way, no problems since.......

Hi, I just bought a 2012 Fusion last month. Ford service manager tells me that the recirculate button automatically shuts off (set at either 4 or 10 minutes), having to do with the cabin air. Is this correct? I am having a tough time with fumes from diesel and trucks in the cabin. Does anyone know if this is fixable?

I think that's true. In the manual it says that the recirculate function may turn off automatically in all modes besides MAX A/C. What's also possible is that the mode stays enabled, but the fresh air door is opened for like one minute every ten minutes of operation to introduce some fresh air into into the cabin. Of course if you are in a defrost situation, the recirculate function will either be disabled or shut off on it's own after a set period.

So my suggestion is to try leaving it set on MAX A/C, and if you don't like than then keep it on the panel or floor setting exclusively.

On 8/18/2013 at 1:00 PM, Elljay said:

Hi, I just bought a 2012 Fusion last month. Ford service manager tells me that the recirculate button automatically shuts off (set at either 4 or 10 minutes), having to do with the cabin air. Is this correct? I am having a tough time with fumes from diesel and trucks in the cabin. Does anyone know if this is fixable?

OK, just got my new Fusion, and have to say I HATE THIS "FEATURE" - every 5 minutes or so the recirc shuts off and I realize it when I'm smelling highway fumes.

Seriously, I NEVER want to have outside air, except for defrost, and it's kind of making me HATE MY BRAND NEW CAR.  

Anyone know if there is some way to change the behavior, or at least change the frequency with which it switches, so I'm not tinkering with this 20 times a day?

It should not shut off while the vehicle is running.  Are you using auto climate control?   Are you changing any other settings?   It should stay on until you restart the vehicle.