1. Ford Fusion Discussion Forum

1. Welcome!

Here's the place the introduce yourself, post photos of your Fusion, Milan, MKZ, Zephyr and say hello!

1. 6.5k

The social hot spot for fellow Fusion, Milan & MKZ enthusiasts and fans. Please keep discussions PG-13.

Post your favorite photos here

The latest news direct from Ford.
    6. Facebook @ Ford Fusion   (112,220 visits to this link)

facebook_fusion.png

7. Facebook @ Fusion Sport   (65,613 visits to this link)

facebook_sport.jpg

3. Ford Fusion Modifications and Technical Discussion

1. 4.6k

Keep it looking new
    4. Advanced Driver Assistance Technologies

Lane-Keeping System, Driver Alert System, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS ®), active park assist, cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, collision warning and a rear view camera.
    7. Ford SYNC Specific Forum   (269,628 visits to this link)

Redirect to Ford Sync Forum.
    8. 3.5k

Body kits, hoods, grilles, paint, spoilers, etc.
    13. Maintenance, Recalls and TSB (Technical Service Bulletins)

Maintenance, Recalls and TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

1. 9k

1. 4.7k

1. 1k

1. TEST / PRACTICE

You can do you test posts here

• I’m getting a vibration at 40 mph consistently.  I have all 4 new Michelin tires on my 20 Ford Fusion.  They’ve been high speed balanced.  I mention this because the dealership wants to associate this with the tires.  I’ve been told it may be the axle, but I wonder if it’s a transmission issue?   Thoughts or has anyone else had this issue?
    • After driving several miles and making five stops my Fusion decided not to start after the last stop. The wife decided to turn on accessories to charge her phone while I went to take care of something.  Various lights flashed on the dashboard, the steering wheel and the interior lights came on.  The headlights came on very dim.  Turned the headlights switch from AUTO to OFF.  This is not typical of a dead battery.  Battery is not yet two years old.  Wondering if the alternator has failed or there is a short or the electrical system has fried.
    • Used Motorcraft Mercon in my 2012 SE.  
    • 2 Fusions for the kids (not really kids any longer).. Searched and found a mint 08 Silver Birch (I think) SEL V6 last fall for our daughter with only 70,000km on it.  Needed nothing for the safety and she's been driving it through the winter completely trouble free (see below).   Last week picked up a really nice 2011 Tuxedo black Sport with just over 100,000km for my son who's Honda is on its last legs.   Love the simplicity and the availability of inexpensive parts.  Both cars have been regularly "Krowned" so the rockers are mint.  They were looking for reliable transportation and no monthly payments.  Both cars came with almost new snows, the 2011 came with them mounted on nice black mags probably from CTC.   The 08 was owned by a 94 year old lady, the day I drove it home an ABS code popped up.  I have a bi-directional scan tool, a trip to the wrecking yard and I replaced the HCU as the electric motor had died.  Used one cost me $50.  I bled over a litre of fresh fluid through the system to keep it clean.   The 2011 had a very low pedal, I expected similar problems with the HCU as there were no codes and the brake fluid looked nasty.  Bled it to death and still had a low pedal.  Rear rotors and pads were new, whomever had done the brakes failed to investigate the fronts.  The caliper pins were completely seized and the inboard pads were done.  New rotors and pads, some time spent cleaning the pins and brackets and the brakes are now great.   Only remaining issue on the 2011 is the passenger widow occasionally refuses to go down from either switch.  No idea why, I'll have to check wiring diagrams to see how its supposed to operate.  The original owner says it has been doing this for years and always goes up.   Looking forward to the new forum.   Dave in Ontario
    • Has anyone added the stock rear decklead speakers. From a fusion with the Sony system. I don't have them but it would be sweet to add them.  Anyone know of pigtails that will work with these. 
    • Hi ,   I have a 2016 fusion energi. The 12 volt battery died. I replaced it and a week or two later the battery light will come on sometimes. when it does the 12v battery is not charging, but after a bit the light will go out and the 12v battery is charging again. I can usually drive to work in the morning no problem (28 miles 5:30AM). on the way home about 3/4 of the way home the light will come on. It doesn't mater if I use air or not. the light will come on  after about 3-5 mils the light will go out and the 12v battery is charging again and after 10 or so miles it will come back on. and the cycle will go over and over until  I make it home.  Does anyone have direction for me.    
    • Ended up changing CV, slid right in back into position where original "WAS".  Still no clue what happened nor why the OEM CV jumped out like that and decided to stretch but not willing to go back into place. Never see anything like it
    • Not much help, but I would try popping the end out of the transmission and get it all on a bench to see if you can fit it together.  Aftermarket axle might be in order too.
    • Hello, I have a 2019 Ford Fusion SE 1.5l ecoboost engine. I have been getting the shift system fault and looks like I need the bushing replacement. Ford quoted me 240$ to change them which is 14$ parts and 226$ labor. I tried to find a video which shows how I can do it but my main issue is access. My hands are not small or flexible enough for the small opening.  I am planning to take out the Engine Air filter box and see if that gives me enough space. Do you think this is a good approach or I should try any other approach? Thank you 
    • Was doing front struts my son's 2014 SE. Easy job, done them many times on other vehicles. Passenger side as I was releasing top bolt to knuckle like jumped out at me as if it were spring loaded Tried to push the top of the knuckle and pivot it back up as you should be able to do (it should move freely when swinging up and down), but nothing. The wheel assembly (brakes, rotor etc) will not swing up now for me to be able to bolt strut to knuckled. Its almost like the CV popped completely out and now we're hitting a wall. Weirdest thing I've ever experienced when doin struts. even had bottom of control arm supported with a jack   so we decided to cut the inner boot against tranny and remove the CV to see if maybe we goofed something. at that inside end of that cv are three wheels that go inside the cup. They will not go back in cup. any ideas? I've got two other close friends who also do lots of mechanic work dumbfounded by this as well.
  • Topics