Job #2

Grey

For Job #2 (production begins early August).

Dealers can place orders for the new Fusion Appearance Package (14C) and Monochrome Appearance Package (14X). They are available on the SE and SEL. Monochrome has a body color grill and Appearance has a chrome grill. They are $895 and also include:

18" machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets

P225/45R18 V-rated performance tires

Sport-tuned suspension

Rear spoiler

Unique finish on IP Spears and Center Stack

Unique cloth seat and door trim inserts (SE)

Leather wrapped steering wheel shift knob

Available colors are:

Tuxedo Black, Sport Blue Metallic, Sterling Grey Metallic, Sangria Red Metallic (exterior) with Charcoal Black interior only (SE and SEL)

App1.jpg

App2.jpg

I wonder how much it would cost me to do the wheel, shifter, and rims seperate. If the suspension does happen I won't be heart broken. Thats all I would want from it. I bought my SE in May and if it was an option at the time would have added a leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter, get the 18" rims and I would have loved the sports tuned suspension.

I don't like the seats much. I like my current seats a little better. So I do wonder what it would cost to do it all seperately.

Does anyone know when these vehicles will be hitting dealerships? I did a search a few days ago, and none showed up. Also it appears for the SEL the seats are the same?

Thanks

They started building them 8/3. Look for some to show up the first week in September unless they do a quality hold for a few days.

Hmm, somewhere around here someone said the factory is shutdown the week of 8/17. I would think that is when they would switch over. Are they going to still shut down the factory 8/17, 2 weeks after they started job 2? That seems kind of silly.

Does anyone know when these vehicles will be hitting dealerships? I did a search a few days ago, and none showed up. Also it appears for the SEL the seats are the same?

Thanks

SEL's come standard with leather so no upgrade on the SEL seats. You get the upgraded cloth (see picture on PDF) on the SE's. :)

Hmm, somewhere around here someone said the factory is shutdown the week of 8/17. I would think that is when they would switch over. Are they going to still shut down the factory 8/17, 2 weeks after they started job 2? That seems kind of silly.

Most of the Ford plants are shut down that week - just another week in the auto business. :shift:

Thanks for the delivery information. Looking at the .pdf file it's difficult to see much related to the IP treatment:

Is this the same or similar to the sport where the insert matches the exterior color?

Thanks

Thanks for the delivery information. Looking at the .pdf file it's difficult to see much related to the IP treatment:

Is this the same or similar to the sport where the insert matches the exterior color?

Thanks

Looks to me like the center stack and spear are silver. They almost look like brushed metal but I don't see any texture on them so that is where I get the straight up silver. :)

One final question on the package. I recently saw a 2009 Fusion with what looked like the same wheels, and a smoke grill, and the tires were Goodyear. Does anyone know if the monochrome package will come with Goodyear? It appears that most of the 2010s I've seen have had Michelin tires.

Thanks, I'm hoping these show up before CARS runs out.

One final question on the package. I recently saw a 2009 Fusion with what looked like the same wheels, and a smoke grill, and the tires were Goodyear. Does anyone know if the monochrome package will come with Goodyear? It appears that most of the 2010s I've seen have had Michelin tires.

Thanks, I'm hoping these show up before CARS runs out.

my 2010sport has goodyears on it

• 2 weeks later...

So can anyone provide any insight on the ordering process? Unless a dealership will give me a good discount on a Sport model, I think I'm going to end up ordering a SEL V6 with the monochrome package (grey).

Any tips or things to watch out for? What's Ford's policy on putting money down (refundable?, etc) ?

So can anyone provide any insight on the ordering process? Unless a dealership will give me a good discount on a Sport model, I think I'm going to end up ordering a SEL V6 with the monochrome package (grey).

Any tips or things to watch out for? What's Ford's policy on putting money down (refundable?, etc) ?

Hi Empty. :D Not sure what sort of information you are looking for concerning the "ordering process". If you gvie us some more help as to exactly what you know and/or need to know we can help you better.

As far as deposits being refundable, etc.: Auto Dealers are independent franchises, so the refund policy is completely up to their own discretion. Ford would have no say. You would need to negotiate how much of a deposit you need to give, refundable/non-refundable etc., with the Dealership upfront, before ordering.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I've never ordered a car (still on the first car I've ever owned) so I was just hoping for the basics of how it works. Do you just sit down at a computer with a salesman and go through and punch stuff in? Or does he just write stuff down and you hope he got it right?

Also, do they negotiate the price at all with you at the time, or does that all wait until the car is in? I assume that as long as you didn't order some really dumb configuration, they kind of have you over the barrel, not too willing to cut you any breaks...

I was also hoping to find out how long it took to get an ordered car. I talked to a dealership last weekend and they said typicall 6-8 weeks, but there was some kind of backup right now and it could take 12 weeks. I kind of figured he was just trying to test the waters, hoping we say something like "I need a car sooner than that!".

I recently ordered and bought my first new car as well. I don't know how much help I can be though, my price was set in stone. I got the AZ Plan which is pretty much non negotiable. I went in, had a test drive, etc, then sat down at my salesperson's desk and placed the order. There aren't that many options so it was pretty quick. After he punches it up he came back with this order form showing estimated tax, fees, registration, etc. You sign that and that locks in your price afaik in case Ford ups it later on. I don't know how this applies to people off the street without AXZ Plans. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

They submit orders to ford and ford sends back a DORA, which is an acknowledgment that they received the order and everything is good. Typically its within a week I believe. You should check with your dealer and try to see this DORA asap so you can confirm you are getting what you ordered. My dealer did not do this which disappointed me. My order was spot on, but just in case you should verify it.

Cash for clunkers may have introduced a bit of a backlog, but most people have been getting their cars within 8 weeks all summer. 12 weeks is crazy, they may just be overestimating. Since you aren't getting a rare FFH, you may try searching around. Call different dealers or email them and tell them what you want. Monochrome Fusions should be showing up at dealers soon.